Evoker Legendary - Quest Start S3 but Craft in S4

Pretty much the title.

Suppose a legendary quest is started in Season 3 but not completed and crafted until Season 4. Will the legendary be the base item level 450 from Season 2 and need the 2 [Antique Bronze Bullion] or will it assume the new base item level of 502 after being crafted?

I assume any speculations from players would be purely that and would either need Blue confirmation or testing in the PTR(not sure how feasable that would be with the drop rate for the quest item).

i would assume theres only 2 outcomes. the first being regardless of when you start it the ilvl is the same this also goes for the axe. you would need to use the upgrade item to have it at s4 ilvl. the other way which i doubt they will do is they items start at s4 ilvl if you finish it during s4 so you dont have to upgrade it but tbh i dont remember how the bow worked out in s4 shadowlands but its safe to assume it would work similar to that

Pretty much this^

I’m holding onto my quest (got the drop in s2 but it was late enough to just hold in case) with everything ready to be completed until week 2 and I see what’s dropping for people in raid before I turn it in. I want to make sure that it’s dropping for people before mythic sark dies, just in case that triggers the servers to open the quest to others.

At worst, I’ll craft it at s2 ilvl if it’s a separate item/quest in terms of coding.

At best, I’ll just hand in the quest and get a 502 if Blizz has decided it’s not worth coding it differently and just upgrade the quest reward.

Knowing Blizz, I won’t be surprised if they overlook this or just don’t care, as there are probably very few overall people waiting to turn this quest in.

Just to follow up here, it seems from PTR that the way it’ll work is that if you already have the quest, the Lego drops at 457.

This could mean that everyone’s will drop at 457 and need to be upgraded, or that there will be a different quest item that starts dropping this next season.