Evoker Character Creation Bug - Massive Power

I created a Dracthyr Evoker forever ago, when they were level 50 at start, and eventually the update came along that pushed down the start level of Evokers to 10. I never logged into my character at any point until today, and found out that I have Pandaria: Remix levels of power because, although my character is level 10, the gear that was given to my character is level 206. I have a screenshot including my gear, the gear of a nearby new evoker, and an heirloom on my character created after logging in to learn and level an evoker this round. The heirloom item is 17, normal for this level.

I am certain I’m one of only a few players who have had this happen, but wanted to make sure it was known. I do not want to recreate my character, just to play it.

1 Like

I made an evoker alt specifically because I thought something funny like this might happen, but logged into mine before, and I’m still level 58, and nothing weird happened. I’m jealous. lol

Evoker players are still abusing this bugged gear in PvP queues. 206 ilvl gear means they 1-shot anything and have twice the HP of fully geared twinks. Their gear needs to be stat squished to match their level.

Examples:

For comparison, the best gear normally obtainable by level 20 characters is ilvl 89.