Evil horde narrative

Then your complaint and the Alliance complaint are one and the same.

I want to point out that if you just went by the starting zones, you would assume that the Alliance was usually the aggressor, and aside from the Forsaken the Horde was just trying to get by. Every Horde starter zone features the Alliance as a major aggressor. But then that is basically never brought up again.

11 Likes

I will always remember that dwarf in the belves starting zone we cut his head off I think, and also the nelves spies.

Exactly.

In Horde questing the Alliance does appear as the aggressor in some really early levels. Especially in Silverpine Forest but fortunately for the Horde the player gets to experience quests that allow them to fight them off.

The Alliance player unfortunately usually deals with internal or nature threats sometimes the Alliance loses even to those. For example Sentinel Hill.
Meanwhile the Horde gets massive settlements all across the game world the Alliance barely gets an update to Sentinel Hill with only 1 tower and couple of half finished walls around it.

During the finale you even see that location go up in flames.
Its so sad that it starts being funny.

1 Like

i been recently doing lore master for the 2 main continents and i noticed how even after we win,it feels like we aren’t doing nothing.
you kill some dudes,or you defend a place, and when you end the questline, the place ends up exactly how it was when you started or even worse.

no changes to the world, the horde keeps attacking, our efforts are completely in vain, the attacks don’t stop.

i don’t know if the same occurs in horde experience of cata but it feels incredibly unsatisfying.

I want you to count the “massive settlements all across the game world” by faction.

The Alliance gets towns, villages, and cities. The Horde gets outposts consisting of a couple of mud huts. This is a problem that is actually frequently cited on this forum: the fact that the Horde largely lacks worthy targets for the Alliance to attack.

Hell, just look at the current expansion. Kul’Tiras feels like a thriving nation with a capitol, towns, fortresses, farmland etc. Zandalar is a capitol and then jungles, swamp, and desert.

12 Likes

Oh come on!

That is false, this was a common complaint by Horde players back in Vanilla but now? Please.
Here are the Horde settlements in comparison to their Alliance counterpart.

Ashenvale
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/wowwiki/images/4/43/Stardust_Spire.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20100713022352
https://d1u5p3l4wpay3k.cloudfront.net/wowpedia/thumb/5/55/Cataclysm_Ashenvale_-_Zoram%27gar_Outpost.jpg/1280px-Cataclysm_Ashenvale_-_Zoram%27gar_Outpost.jpg

Western Plaguelands
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/3d/07/24/3d0724a7a8737d1b6641bfc05afc0533.jpg
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/ed/08/84/ed08844d969919f8ef8b57664ed5603d.jpg

Southern Barrens
https://d1u5p3l4wpay3k.cloudfront.net/wowpedia/e/ec/Fort_Triumph.jpg
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/wowwiki/images/9/99/Desolation_Hold.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20100729212052

We may disagree on some points but please stop using misinformation to argue your point. We both know the Horde has massive iron fortresses dotted across the game in addition to new Goblin and Forsaken assets.
Meanwhile the Alliance barely changed anything.

2 Likes

These massive iron fortresses are purely military installations with zero actual sentimental value to anyone.

7 Likes

Point is the Horde is getting massive imposing new settlements meanwhile the Alliance still has much smaller locations filled with tents and old vanilla models.

Your sentimental values are purely subjective and not a subject of debate here.

It was especially bad in Wrath and Cata. All of the Alliance settlements in Wrath are half built settlements with a ton of civilians. All 3 settlements in Howling Fjord have a building frame for buildings that never get finished vs finished Forsaken towns, Grizzly Hills has an Inn across the river from a Horde fortress, the towering silhouette of the Horde base in Borean Tundra vs the Alliance base which is a keep, Inn, and the houses are under construction, another Horde fortress in Dragonblight vs a Night Elf Moonwell/arches.

In Cataclysm for some reason Blizz got lazy and didn’t want to reuse the better looking Wrath building/wall assets for the Alliance and gave us the clunky vanilla architecture. Horde got a Forsaken town in Western Plaguelands, Alliance got a vanilla town for a minute but got destroyed. In Badlands the Horde town is upgraded to a fortress and the Alliance base, a zone in Dwarf territory, is a couple of tents. This theme continues across all Cata zones where the Horde get fortresses and the Alliance get half finished towns/bases or simple tent camps.

I actually did a quant on this and posted it back on the old forums. The Horde does slightly lead the Alliance in structured settlements. And then the Alliance has a larger lead in smaller outposts, mostly due to the night elves, who rarely have more than one structure for a settlement.

1 Like

Why are you counting Refuge Point or Moonbrook as an Alliance town when they are just a couple of tents, wagons and a flight path?

I don’t understand, what’s the subject of this debate then if not the sentimental value of settlements?

2 Likes

My point is you can’t disregard the fact that those massive castles compared to little Alliance camps don’t exist because you personally don’t feel any emotional attachment to them.

Did you try reading the whole post?

2 Likes

Did someone say they don’t exist?

I think we’re talking over each other.

One issue many Alliance players have is that they lose many of their most important and sentimentally valued settlements like Teldrassil, Theramore, and Southshore to Horde aggression, with the Horde losing little in the process.

The Horde doesn’t have nearly as many places they have to lose to truly do that. The fact that many of us forgot these big iron nothings even exist should tell you how little story relevance they have to us.

While wrecking this fortress may provide the Alliance some Hoo-Raas they will be met with a blank stare and a “oh yeah, that existed I guess” from the Horde.

I…think that you’re trying to argue this from a purely Alliance perspective and that we’re trying to use both.

14 Likes

@Etheldald

She’s not hated because she’s a goodly humanitarian.

She’s hated because she’s undead that’s been raised by THE LIGHT. Not brought back from the dead, she’s been given the curse of undeath, where the body can never fully return to the body- which totally contradicts all of the tenets in which the Light functions with. She is the Forsaken without /any/ of the drawbacks or stigma and her origin story makes no sense. She is a middle school tier creation at best. “I’m a half devil, half angel snowflake! Look at me as I unsheathe my dual katanas, one flaming and one glittering with holy light!”.

She’s also fond of the Alliance, who’re mortal enemies of the Horde and especially the Forsaken after former kin and countrymen turned on them despite their plight. Like Baine, she’s a huge Alliance ally and has only the interests of the enemy faction in mind.

6 Likes

Yes, thanks, but other posters already teached me a lesson.
i only bringed calia because i wanted her here to deliberately screw forsaken lore.
it was more towards spite to sylvanas/forsakens fans.
until i realized how stupid and childish that is. yeah, i am not proud
i actually understand perfectly why she is hated, i suppose that is like having thrall trying to reform my favorite race even if it goes against everything that makes my faction/race fun.

2 Likes

From a Horde vs Alliance standpoint, maybe, but typically when I am talking about the Horde and their victories, I am mainly talking from a Night Elf perspective. Point is, the Horde gets to actually see and experience their victories. Sure, maybe you didn’t want the Burning to Teldrassil, Maybe you didn’t want the bombing in Stonetalon, But you got to see it. where as everything from the Kaldorei perspective tends to go without any resolution or even a feel good moment.

Blizzard throws us bones. A questline here and there. Tyrande’s role in SoO. Small victories to tides us over while they continuously and repeatedly F-k us in the A. The Horde never had to deal with seeing their lands terraformed by the other faction, like Azshara and Stonetalon. Or walk through Ashenvale that and constantly see a Horde invasion. Chopped and burned trees, Orcs walking on the corpses of fallen sentinels. Thrall getting married in Hyjal also felt like a slap in the face. The Warcheif who started and continued deforestation operations in Ashenvale, getting married in a place that is supposed to be uniquely significant and sacred to Night Elves. Winterspring has more Goblins than Night Elves, Moonglade has been opened to not only Tauren, but Trolls too, who are suppose to have a deep hatred for elves and vice versa. Felwood has always been a mess, and even though Darkshore was partly corrupted, it and Teldrassil was kind of the only thing we had left. Even Feralas feels like a slap in the face, the home of the Shadowleaves, the most Elite of Kaldorei warriors, now accepting Worgen…. Because even though these Kaldorei spent lifetimes perfecting their skills, Worgen are just that naturally gifted.

Nothing is actually ours, anymore. Even the Burning of Teldrassil isn’t ours… It’s Forsaken story. It’s entire thing was use to set up Sylvanas’ Storyline, and Delaryn as a Forsaken character. Tyrande and her Night Warrior storyline is just a little, half-hearted nod to Kaldorei fans to shut us up while we stalemate over a Warfront forever with no resolution to be seen, like always. All the while, Nathanos, a Dev self-insert is talking trash. It all feels like active malice on Blizzards part.

So, the Horde can talk about being portrayed in a way they do not like or agree with… But at the very least, you do not have the Dev team actively hate your race, and punish you for being a fan of that race.

2 Likes