***EVERYTHING We Definitively Know about Classic***

They need to not allow CE pets or sell a digital CE for the pets when Classic goes live.

1 Like

I got something pretty big, Could you find out answers to these key points about layering and how they affect the authentic Vanilla experience? * I did repeat one point in here but won’t go through the trouble of fixing as it is a strong point.

1. What happens when the majority of the server hops to one layer. The ones that did not are forced to play on dead layers until people re log and or new people log in? Seems like a legit experience.

You have listed known problems with layering. These were seen with the old game Firefall. Mark Kern was the old dev lead of Firefall and Vanilla. As he has talked to some people at Bliz to deliver the Nostalrius petition and argue for Classic, and he has very recently talked about potential problems with Layering, I am confident Bliz knows about the problems and intends to assassinate that tech as soon as humanly possible.

1 Like

" Q: What version of the game will be used?
A: The game will be based on patch 1.12, which launched on August 22, 2006 – shortly before The Burning Crusade."

Wasnt cross realm bgs one of the reasons that started helping to kill off servers?

I think cross realm BGs should only be applied if it has to be applied lets say after 10 minutes in queue on your server there isnt a BG then go to queue for cross BG.

FYI, I have created a catalog of exploits and problems with layering here:

they need to release classic before summer is over instead of august 27th thats basically when the school year starts

1 Like

Classic I have a feeling is not really aimed at school age folks. It is a throwback asked for by the people that played it. That means people that were probably at least 10yrs (probably 15+) old in 2004 and thus are now 24yr old at a bare minimum. Bit past school age for the launch date to matter in that regard

Not that there may not be new/young players, but I think the vast majority of people interested in Classic are old timers like myself that remember playing the original.

still why not release it earlier to get more new young players (i’m 16 and didn’t play classic but i want to play it)

also i just want to be able to play it before school starts so i can put more time in lmao

1 Like

Very true. Glad you are interested in it. It is WOW, but a very different WOW than current retail version. Blizz has never shown much interest in release versus school dates, only pre holidays (thanksgiving/xmas) for holiday release boost usually.

Hope to see you when it launches!

1 Like

I need to know what this means. 1.12 says nothing about AV. Was 1.12 before or after they removed a bunch of NPCs and nerfed the rest? Did the lieutenants need to be tanked or at least kited off before or after this patch? Was this patch before or after the summoning of NPCs became impractical? Did BG Marks debut before or after this patch?

These details are what people want when they ask “which version of AV will we get?”

Then Google what 1.12AV was. I’m here to provide basic facts and give people answers - not extrapolate all of the data out for them.

4 Likes

My concern is the game content advancement being ran on zerg guild schedules. Rushed instead of savored. Worried phase 1 to 2 will be 6 months to prevent the people who spam out levels, from being bored after havin ony and Rag on farm.

Who knows, maybe they will make those reputations still as difficult to obtain.

Still, this is for the money and I know we will be pulled along the current that flows best for Blizzard

Regardless of the speed of progression, still excited to play :slight_smile:

I actually have a question regarding the PVP aspect of the game, what information we have available to us as I have not been able to quite figure it out myself. The battleground brackets, are they going to be the 21-30 ect as they were originally or the later changed 20-29 when they changed things up to help combat people obtaining the level 40+ weapons and being severely overpowered.

Also when queuing for battlegrounds will it be back to how it was originally where you had to go to the battleground instance location in order to queue or will they be utilizing the current system that allows you to queue from anywhere in the world, I myself am hoping to have to travel to the instance locations, it would mean that the people who get in the battlegrounds are at least serious about trying to accomplish objectives and not just a honor kill farm.

1.12 had the later brackets.

Classic Spec Requirements seem to be the exact same as current retail. I installed Classic WoW today since the option was available.

I proceeded to try to launch it and was immediately met by a dialogue box which said:

“Your 3D accelerator card is not supported by World of Warcraft. Please install a 3D accelerator card with dual-TMU support.”

I own a mid-2011 iMac, so I’m PRETTY SURE that I can’t do that. So I guess I don’t get to play Classic, after all, as I’m not buying a new computer that I can’t afford to play ONE game.

I have constant bills and upkeep to stay ahead on and every time I scrimp and save to think about buying a new rig, either my car needs fixing for over a 1k bill or other equally important emergencies completely drain me.

Living from pay period to pay period is sucky but it’s all I can do for the time being. Glad to know Blizzard couldn’t just run the game on the original specs. /end sarcasm

In your Battle Net launcher:

• Go into the Game Settings tab
  • Tick “Additional command line arguments”
  • Enter “-fullscreen” in the box below.
  • Hit Done.
  • Try restarting the game.

There seems to be an issue with windowed mode, which also occurs to Retail.

If that doesn’t work…sorry.

We’re not using the original bug and exploit riddled client.

Yeah, it didn’t work. Oh well, thanks anyway. I’m just easily tilted, I guess. I was looking forward to Classic since the announcement it was coming and I was so ecstatic for it. It’s a colossal disappointment to know that I’m just plumb out of luck for the ONE thing I wanted. I don’t own any consoles for gaming on that particular front so I was hoping for desktop that this was going to be my ONE out.

Dude, wow classic, the most even playing field there ever was. I have a regular cheap laptop, and imma paly the $#!% out of wow classic. I mean its actually something they can get pretty close to what i liked. I have my origional 5 discs, but i do t expect to load em up and play. That would be like asking to bring the series Firefly back, not doable!

I’m a :leaves: on the :wind_face:.

:cactus:

2 Likes