Everyone should be able to be rank 14 while playing a healthy amount

I’m rekking you with your own analogy.

You’re not wrecking anything. If you think a competition is dumb, do not participate.

Only dumb people would eat 50 hot dogs in 1 sitting, claim it is something to be proud of, and then force other people to do it to win an insignificant trophy no one cares about.

It is the perfect analogy for the ranking system in classic.

Only dumb people would argue forcing people to sit and PVP for 16 hrs a day for 6 weeks is good for gear that is obsolete by AQ40 for a lot of people anyway and then claim everyone needs to no life to that level to get the gear when they could just farm it out over time and get it later when it isn’t as valuable anyway.

It is like a perfect analogy for the stupidity of the ranking system, and it is owning your face.

No one cares you got R14 in classic just like they don’t care you crammed 50 hot dogs into your dumb face one time when you were being stupid.

Nobody is forcing anybody to do anything.

You seem to be making an argument that ranking is dumb. So, don’t rank.

Your opinion that doing something is dumb, however, is simply your opinion, which you are entitled to.

Do you realize that nobody is being forced to participate?

You really seem to care. Why? Just don’t participate, if you don’t want to. That’s easy.

Your argument is you can’t get the gear unless you do the stupid system so it is being forced by your own argument.

Just like to win the stupid trophy for hot dog eating REQUIRES you to eat 50 at once.

You are forcing people to do the stupid system if they want the gear.

Do you even think before you type?

Hmm. Do you understand that you are not forced to compete? You do not have to acquire the trophy for winning any given competition.

This seems to be a problem with you wanting Rank 14 gear, but not wanting to get it.

I mean, it’s starting to become somewhat difficult here. We do not seem to have a basic common understanding of words and meanings. And you seem to be quite hostile.

Good luck in all your endeavors.

If you want the gear you are FORCED to do the dumb system.

Maybe you missed the point of this thread. The point is, the system is dumb. So saying, to bad you have to do the dumb system entirely missed the point of the thread.

The thread is about fixing the system so it allows gradual gear unlocks.

But of course you fall back to the straw man argument every other degen does when discussing this topic.

You aren’t arguing in good faith because you know you have a bad argument and the system is in fact dumb, just like hot dog eating contests. :slight_smile:

No. 3 hours a day is nothing first off. The most casual of the casual player. You don’t deserve a participation trophy just for showing up dude. Don’t play if you can’t put in the time.

The super hard-core guilds will have everyone ranking but its not really mandatory to hit 14 per say.

A lot of the rank 12/13 gear is great and easier than 14. For instance in classic I got to rank 11 by doing nothing but solo AV. I plan on getting rank 13 for the armor. Should be easy to do playing 30 hours a week on a big enough server.

cosigned! bc that was some real sht you just said.

what is it with people seeing something somewhat prestigious and difficult to get and cry for it to be dumbed down and made easier. you shouldnt get something you didn’t earn. i’ve never stepped foot in naxx in my entire WoW career (lol) but I think the bonescyth set for rogues looks sick asf. should i be allowed to get t3 for my rogue just cus i want it? no…

2 Likes

Has anyone ever given you an award for eating 50 hotdogs in your life? I personally have probably eaten upwards of 200 hotdogs in my time on this earth, maybe (probably) more. I’m still waiting for my trophy and cash prize.

1 Like

getting more honor doesnt make you rank up faster tho lol. unless this amount equals to the amount that people are getting at standing 1.

Yes it does matter . . . if your goal is to win the contest.

You missed the point…The contest is dumb and the ranking system is dumb. They shouldn’t exist.

Just let the gear be unlocked over time by PVP using a different system that doesn’t require dumbness like cramming 50 hot dogs in your mouth at once (aka no lifing for 6 weeks).

This is your point? I enjoy the ranking system - OG rank 12, classic rank 11. I don’t want it changed because it is fun to play ranking up within the game. The anxiety and the crazy hours required make the whole
thing really engaging.

Crazy hours to get rank 12 LUL.

You just think you are special when you aren’t. Your achievement isn’t even an achievement.

Just like a hot dog eating trophy…

No one gives a crap about the titles. It is all about the gear.

Having a secondary way to unlock gear is healthy for the game. People who would unlock it over time wouldn’t get it for a while. So it would be less valuable but still a choice they can make. They can choose if they want to grind for it or not.

Right now most people don’t even have the choice. If they have a job or a life they basically can’t even attempt it.

That’s right. That’s just how things work sometimes.

If they are badly designed. They can and probably will change it next season.

They just didn’t have time this season.

They also changed it in TBC because this system is trash and widely known to be trash. That is why you can get the gear very easily in TBC prepatch.