Everyone’s Problem With Undead Elf Skins

DARK RANGERS…are get this….risen hunters. Hence why they are called DARK RANGERS. Why are you so insistent that your RP is cannon when it clearly isn’t?

Rangers in WoW are hunters my guy.

If you want to discuss your RP and headcannon, there’s a Roleplaying forum. Go use that for that sort of discussion

You don’t get the point. I don’t give two coppers about canon when it’s used for gatekeeping. None of what you’re saying about has any expression in game. Any class can go through the quest and the skin eye customisation doesn’t come with a “Only Hunters should be using this” text on it.

And nobody is stopping you from RPing whatever you want. You just can’t come to the OFFICIAL LORE FORUM and expect people to take your RP as cannon when it isn’t.

End of story. Have fun, it’s not official cannon

This isn’t THE OFFICIAL LORE FORUM, there ain’t no such beast. last time I checked it’s the Lore/Story forum the forum that Blizzard plays the least attention to unless someone really really behaves badly. Blizzard’s only use for lore is to move players from one part of the game to another.

This is where players come to get feedback from players. It’s not the Supreme Court of Lore.

1 Like

It’s literally called the STORY FORUM…where we discuss the CANNON LORE/STORY.

There’s a whole forum called the ROLEPLAYING FORUM my guy, go use that

Uhh, yes it is.

In fact, the sticky post here:

Literally says this:

2. THIS FORUM IS NOT FOR FAN-MADE FICTION

Despite what the name may imply, the Story Forum is not for sharing or discussing fan-made material. It is for discussing officially sanctioned lore/stories only. In short, if it doesn’t have a Blizzard logo, it doesn’t belong here. That doesn’t mean you’re forbidden from linking any fiction you may have written (it can be useful in explaining your position on a topic, for instance) or posting the odd paragraph; however, copying large amounts of text or creating threads specifically for any fiction you’ve written will be deleted or moved.

If you want to discuss your own material please take it to the fine folks at the World’s End Tavern Forum (otherwise known as the RP forum).

So, I’m sorry, but Micah is right, this forum is for discussing official lore and the stories that Blizzard has written. If you want to discuss your own RP and your own creations, then the best place to do that is the World’s End Tavern Forum, aka, the RP forum.

1 Like

What we’re discussing however is a game appearance mechanic that was made available to more players than the subset that Micah feels it should be reserved for.

The headcanon is Micah’s not mine. No one has a valid reason to go to any player who is using the customisation on a non-hunter character and tell them that they’re doing it wrong and that is the position that Micah is taking and I’m disputing.

The very inclusion of “Everyone” in the title of this thread is pretentious to say the least.

It’s also dead wrong.

1 Like

You’ve been told NUMEROUS times now that you can Roleplay whatever you want, just no one here is obligated to recognize it because it’s not official lore.

How y’all still don’t get that is amazing. Do you not understand what forum your posting in?

1 Like

Micah has not, at any point, said that you shouldn’t be able to have the customization option on other classes.

What we have both stated, repeatedly, is that as far as official canon is concerned, the Elves that joined the Alliance after Calia and the Forsaken reclaimed the upper levels of the Undercity are Dark Rangers, aka hunters.

Hence why the customization options official name is ‘Dark Ranger Elf’ customization, and not ‘Darkfallen’ customization options or anything else.

That doesn’t stop you from roleplaying whatever you want to roleplay. In fact, both of us have clearly stated here that you’re free to RP what you want. Neither of us are going to get uppity that you decide to RP a Darkfallen Priest or Warrior. All we’re saying is that as far as official canon is concerned, all the Darkfallen that joined the Alliance are Dark Rangers.

1 Like

Yeah, my only problem is that the Forsaken did not get some cosmetics. They should have gotten something. The Undead Elf stuff is fine - I probably would never use it unless I wanted to RP as Sira all cray all day. So it is neither here nor there, to me.

My issue is that the actual Forsaken should have gotten some cosmetics.

Nathanos, Calia, and Derek have some non Elven cosmetic styles that would look good on Forsaken.

2 Likes

Everytime I see Callia I think that I’m flash tripping back to Karazhan.

I certainly would like more customization options but I’m not really demanding a human model. I like how the undead PC model is fairly monstrous even when otherwise intact. What with the claws and glowing eyes. Always loved how their hand to hand animation was somewhat feral with them low to the ground and slashing. What precisely they are is never explored but they always struck me as like next gen ghouls.

Personally I’d just want more hairstyles, another posture option and ya know beards and that stuff like a brain in the jar that never made it to live would be great.

I don’t know if Blizzard has spoken on the issue but I will point out they are perfectly capable of restricting skins to specific classes. This is done for Death Knight.

Canonically it seems pretty clear it’s intended for hunters, but given how loose Blizz controls their quest writers, I wouldn’t be surprised to see one pop up that’s a druid or something eventually.

If the Forgotten Realms can incorporate Undead Druids and Paladins, I’m sure we can as well.

I mean, probably. They’re both kitchen sink settings that have no coherence and it’s a contest which one is wackier.

If that was the case then the quest line that awards the customization would have been hunters only.

That is a valid and defensible position, but I found Carhagen’s argument to be considerably more convincing. Nevertheless, I did want to bring up the Death Knight item in support of your point since I don’t think anyone else brought it up.

There’s also a Paladin tabard transmog that’s Blood Elf only.

I’ve been told, though I haven’t seen the screenshot yet, that there’s a Void Elf NPC next expansion with the Dark Ranger skin. Idk what class they are.

My main question is where the hell did they all come from? This entire game is nothing but elves being maudlin about how they are this put upon dying breed from a bygone halcyon age.

But then there’s just entire standing armies worth of the bastards anytime they come up.

Until I’m proven wrong my headcanon is they reproduce in massive egg clutches like sun fish. Yeah the Sylvanas book suggests otherwise but that whole story is rife with unreliable narrator energy.

1 Like