Every time

Every time I swap to a new main Blizzard nerfs the crap out of the spec and way I want to play… Oh I am sorry were you enjoying Arms as Venthyr? Now you got to play as Night Fae or your not doing it right… Screw that I have a toon whos doing the NF story line and I’m not going to switch just cause Blizzard can’t make something fun for once in the history of this game. I mean am I wrong or just stubborn to be thinking this way?

1 Like

Not wanting to swap what meta is pretty common, same principle when like fury is better then arm in x situation with specs instead of covenant. As for nerfs, warrior didnt get any nerf, its mostly that condemn didnt get buff along with the execute buff for arm/prot and it buff all 3 covenant, while venthyr remain where it is.

Borderline, if you enjoy venthyr arm, then go for it, having fun is what more important in the game and it will be the crucial factor of wanting to improve yourself as venthyr arm to its maximum potential!

3 Likes

Agreed, and 20K condemn crits are still extremely satisfying. If you love big numbers in your opener, and awesome condemn spamming in Torghast, Venth is still a great time.

All that said I did swap to Necro, but that’s only because Prot condemn was bad from the start, and is still bad. Nerco Arms still feels pretty good to me with the mastery buff, and other warriors LOVE to see you in the group.

1 Like

Don’t worry. Wait till Kyrian becomes top when we’re all max renown. Then all the NF warriors will be complaining.

Intervene got nerfed :frowning:

Oh for today reset? Intervene had to be nerf, 6 sec sac on a short cd is way too strong in pvp on top of all warrior kit to stop/peel go’s. At least now, intervene will require a bit more brain to use it at the right moment.

I don’t know why it took them a whole season to realize it.

I’ve been arms or prot with this warrior since Vanilla WoW. (She was a night elf till Cataclysm.) I enjoy arms and really enjoyed the way Vent didn’t change the way arms looks at a fight too drastically other than opening with condemn and ending with it. That said I just changed mains from fire mage to arms to change things up. The main point of this was to see if people thought I was being selfish for not swapping covenant as I’m trying to see the story with each factions eyes on different characters.

I think OP is talking about PvE. But addressing the intervene nerf I think its fine. The CD still says the same just the duration is going from 6 sec to 3.

You’re not pushing Mythics or doing keystones… I don’t get why you have to be the meta when you’re not doing the really high-end content anyways.

1 Like

Such is the fate of a FOTM player.

Yeah agreed with the above… It’s said ad nauseum on these forums, but unless you’re pushing CE right now, you’re likely getting more out of the spec (and more importantly the game) if you’re playing what’s fun for you.

Any covenant played optimally will still be as good or better than whatever you don’t enjoy or don’t want to switch to. If your guild isn’t downing a heroic boss because you COULD be going 3-500 more dps, you’ve got bigger issues.

I agree with your point, but more importantly that’s a pog mog you’ve got going my man.

Cause I stopped caring long ago about Mythic or keys. I just want to enjoy the game. For a while it was fun with my fire mage but the rotation is complex and I tend to screw it up so I saw a chance to swap to my warrior who was I enjoying in PVP and figured I would give PVE a shot seeing as the last time I did anything PVE with her was tanking back in Legion.
I am a very burnt out player as far as Mythics and hard core raiding as I did it from the start of Vanilla WoW till the end of Legion. Around that time I said no more and just want to enjoy WoW. I go for AotC and thats about the extent of my raiding cares anymore.

But for PVP Venth Arms warriors are still great, most all the nerfs have been PVE focused. Even after the non buffing for Venth, they still do what they did before extremely well. They have a great kit and pump burst damage. World first had 3 Arms warriors. So even if you have the “wrong” covenant, you still have one of the best classes. And being as how you are not pushing high level M+ or raid you don’t have the “wrong” covenant. You prob have one of the best because in LFR you will burst through the roof, half the raid will die on silly mechanics, you will then burst on the execute phase and be top DPS. L2P what you play. Icy-veins never gives LFR stats because it’s always just burst hard and fast and it will be dead. Well you are great at that.

I totally understand, but that’s what everyone is saying–just play what you like and for what content you do you’re just fine without squeezing out the min/max side of things.

Your covenant is only going to matter for top end content. Are you pushing very high keys? Are you trying to Mythic raid to CE? Are you trying to get 2400+ PvP rating?

In general, late in the patch, those things could likely still be achievable with a suboptimal covenant. Warriors are fortunate to have pretty good covenant balance for their DPS specs, with Venthyr’s soulbind upgrades being solid for Protection, even.

Play what you want, unless you’re doing cutting edge content in one of the endgame categories.

I appreciate everyone’s feedback on this I was more concerned I was being selfish not following the min/max even though I’m a filthy casual. I’ve always been a play what race I want (Worgen) play what spec I enjoy kind of person but someone pointed out I wasn’t the right cov and I just wanted to get a second opinion. Now if I could just get some gear to drop.