Estimated login time for a 10000 player queue

Back when I played on NOST, it was a normal thing to have a 5000+ queue to wait on to get to play. That queue took about 90 minutes to 2 hours to get through.

I would login getting home from work, and eat dinner while waiting on the queue to drop.

According to the release schedule it will be 5 p.m. Monday my time when classic is available. I have nowhere to be at that time so I’ll attempt to login immediately and hopefully get in the front of the line. If it’s going to take hours to login though, forget that. I’ll just shut down and play another game. I’m not wasting my time like that.

You want to be on Faerlina

Capped realms are called Locked realms. With Locked realms, a player who doesn’t have a toon on the realm can’t roll one but players who already have a toon on the realm can still roll alts.

I thought that’s where most of the streamers are playing. I was going to jump onto Stallag but my names got scooped up. But I’m guessing they’ll end up releasing another realm before or during launch. I like the idea of staying on Herod, but not sure how everything going to pan out. Should be interesting to say the least.

Has that ever actually happened on a live server, though?

I don’t think I’ve ever seen it; it definitely wasn’t a Vanilla thing as far as I recall.

pretty sure shortly after TBC release one of my guild mates would log on before work 8am , pay his kid to keep an eye on the queue when he got home from school 3:30 pm, until he got home from work 6pm to make sure he was logged in by the 7pm raid.

Just play on a different server, there will be several other servers without login queues.

If it’s really bad, they’ll have more servers. In fact, I’d bet 100g that they will be adding more servers after Stalagg.

1 Like

They said they won’t add another server till the newer one is filled up.

I’ve seen what happens after release in the original Vanilla back in 2004. And they had MORE Servers to start back then. hehe

Read the blue posts. They will be putting only 7 layers per server I believe they said. They don’t want to put the server caps to max capacity… we will wait.

I got the names I wanted on Pagle. Other servers, they’re taken now. WoW isn’t the only game I play and if I’m looking at hours to get logged in I’ll just shut down and go play something else.

Their server caps are really high though. In a post yesterday they mentioned that “medium” pop realms in Classic will be several times larger than the most populated servers in Vanilla.

@wickerwitch

Yeah I understand that, I switched over to Grobbulus/Pagle from Herod.

The first time i played, i had no idea what even realms were and got auto assigned by blizzard to a low pop realm and suffered there for 2 years before i got my first credit card and transferred out. The very thought of those first 2 years of misery sends chills down my inside to this day. Now i KNOW i am rolling on a high pop realm even if queues are longer than dominoes delivery.

Name reservation is different. That’s just to get to the server. When you can’t actually log in with your character is where the q time is going to come in.

I don’t think so, I think they put login que at the front because as soon as you reach the character screen you are allowed to enter the world without que.

? So are you taking my bet?

Sure, what was the terms of the bet?