Essence of Wintergrasp Not Being Applied

I won Wintergrasp 40 minutes ago, the queue window closed 20 minutes ago, but I never got the Essence of Wintergrasp buff. No one in my guild has it either.

3 Likes

Same over here on Grobb horde.

I did it this morning on Grobbulus - Horde. We won and I never got the buff, go to wintergrasp and it’s alliance controlled. Did it again about 30 minutes ago and won again. Had the buff when I zoned back in from the BG. Walk out of the room and the buff disappears, go out into the city it comes back, go to the landing zone and it disappears. Go to Wintergrasp again and it tells me the battle is about to begin and I can return after it’s over and ports me back to Dalaran and the buff comes and goes as I move about the city but if I try to leave the city it disappears.

1 Like

“In Wrath of the Lich King Classic, this works in a fairly simple way, if anyone on your faction participates in and wins a Battle for Wintergrasp, your entire faction is granted the Essence of Wintergrasp and the buff will last until the next time the battle is initiated.”

Wintergrasp is broken…

Argual is suffering from a similar issue. The sad part is we have won the majority of our matches but due to the faction imbalances the Horde will always win their final Wintergrasp giving them the Buff and access to Wintergrasp.

Happened on Maladath Horde side as well.

Added to the big bug report.

Same behavior on remulos

has basically ruined alot of guilds day one raid and alot of casual players hopes for getting pug on day 1

Blizzard please acknowledge you are aware of this bug

So this seems to be a problem throughout wrath classic. Sense wintergrasp isnt what it was once attributed to be with how imbalanced servers are why not just make it always active for both sides and let people do the wintergrasp zone if they want to.

I thought that’s how it was. Both factions have the buff, except during an actual battle.

Frankly I don’t even understand the quoted text.

“if anyone on your faction participates in and wins a Battle for Wintergrasp, your entire faction is granted [the buff]…”

How is this any different than the original 2008 behavior?

Does “anyone on your faction” actually mean “anyone on your faction, across all layers and all servers”?

Ok linking to another post because I explain it all there. It seems people still don’t understand which isn’t their fault cause blizz has done a terrible job explaining how it all works. Bottom line, it’s working as intended which is stupid but not bugged.

The behavior you describe is a bug. Having a pseudo-logical explanation doesn’t make it not a bug.