Essence of Eonar cannot be soloed anymore

Mobs die too fast so when you get on the ship they immediately spawn and will kill her even if you can break the ships crystals in 10 seconds. She’s utterly useless and I hate this character with a passion now. What a poorly designed encounter.

It’s tight, but I just did this earlier this week. You can still do it solo.

1 Like

On which? Mystic? Would Normal/Heroic not be as tight of a window?

I did both Mythic and Heroic.

Heroic you don’t even need to go up in the ship, was super easy. Mythic you just gotta be really fast at clicking all the orbs and getting out.

The fact that content S E V E N Y E A R S O L D needs this level of involvement is the problem.

5 Likes

This fight is not meant to be current content and is meant to be easily soloable without some trick here or there or gogogogogo mentality. I have replied on about half a dozen other threads about it and there is still no blue post stating they have seen and heard us. So give us a nerfed soloable fight already! >.<

2 Likes

Or let us skip her completely now (you know, like they did for the dragon you had to heal in ICC). Just make her an optional boss.

1 Like

What do you even have to do for this encounter? Because I tried to do it but i kept randomly dying?

1 Like

From what little I understand about it is that you need to kill the mobs before they get to the boss while entering the ship to click on crystals to stop an instakill cast after every time the boss damages the ship (which is about four times I believe). Blizz ether needs to disable the ship or make the mobs hit less cause having both at the same time makes it much, much harder.

Indeed…

I just switched it to Normal so I could finish the Argus storyline.

Going on the ship is required only for mythic

Basically you memorize the order in which the mobs come out, fly around killing them, then when the ship is charging the doom thing you teleport up there, kill the mob in the center, then you have to run / fly to each crystal and activate them

The hardest part is you only have like 20 or 30 seconds to activate them all and get back outside, then you need to quickly fly down and wipe out all the attacking mobs before Eonar runs out of health

It takes some practice but once you get it down it’s not hard, there’s plenty of YouTube videos that explain on detail how to do it

You only have to go on the ship twice

1 Like

I managed to do it once on Mythic on my Paladin. I’ve been practicing and practicing for several days on my Priest and have yet to do it once. After about an hour or so, I have to go play something else entirely for a while before I get any more frustrated, then come back to try again. Sometimes I make it out of the ship, sometimes I don’t. Occasionally I make it to the ship the second time, but I never get out. I had no problem learning the Deathwing Spine solo where many couldn’t but Eonar is much more frustrating. I had to turn off DBM and Big Wigs while doing Eonar because the timers were just making my anxiety worse and not letting me breathe to calm down and concentrate. I’m just completely over it. This content is several years old. Keep the ship if needed but ditch the beams that send you flying (or make them ineffective) and extend the timer by a few seconds.

when the pods appear to take you to the ship, just wait until she says begone intruders, and kills those add on the map. if you take the pod before you see her kill them, they stay there and kill her right away. once i did this i’ve never had a problem with it.

So I learned today that I only need to do the ship once. That alone made a big difference. After coming out of the ship and killing a few ads, I had to head for the lower door. After that it was just about killing things (bats and pups) till Eonar finished them off. The beam that keeps you in the air is still frustrating as it can hit you again before you land from the previous hit which kills progress and I did die once outside the ship and twice inside just from that . But I went from only one class having it done, to five today.

they just need to stop final doom from insta killing you and that would solve this easy enough

1 Like

Reminder that they fixed Hellfire Assault because it posed somewhat similar problems to this, so precedent is there.

1 Like

Dont care if it’s technically soloable.

If its a raid from 3 expansions ago it should be soloable without having to put forth any effort whatsoever i say nerf it to the ground.

1 Like