Error: You can't ignore any more players

Unfortunately, this error is unacceptable. My list of people ignored is FILLED to the brim with ignores of bad actor multibox toons. People ignore evade and use multiple bnets to spam hate messages. I cannot and must not remove any older toons off the list, as they are almost all active.

Your support has made it clear they are too slow or useless to act upon “ongoing harassment” support tickets. Yes, people have gotten actioned for messaging me unsolicited hate mail. That said, I’ve added more of their multibox alternate toons to my ignore list in anticipation of further harassment, and have already hit this cap. Using 3rd party addons to further silence on top of the 1st party ignore functionality isn’t proper, since support cannot “see” these bad actors are evading account wide ignores.

FYI, these bad actors using “bank toons” and cancel scan ah bot multibox fleets to send these messages.

To at least fix the symptom if you cannot easily fix the ignore cap, I’d suggest one major change: Remove toon names off the seller list of items on ah. Bad actors are using this to grief. If you want people to haggle and barter, have them use trade chat and move boosting spam to a services channel so trade chat can be functional again.

2 Likes

In my opinion.
Yes they should allow a higher number.
The forum so far has no cap.

People are really evading account wide ignores just to spam hate mail over AH auctions. They just take over one of their automated ah bot throwaway toons temporarily to do so. Additionally, they use throwaway bnets so bans for botting don’t affect them.

I believe you can easily ignore more players than Blizzard allows by installing the addon, GlobalIgnoreList. It has worked exceedingly well for me in Classic (Era) and TBCC. I believe it also has a version that works with retail.

2 Likes

Using 3rd party addons to further silence on top of the 1st party ignore functionality isn’t proper, since support cannot “see” these bad actors are evading account wide ignores.

By ‘support’ are you referring to Blizzard? By ‘bad actors’ are you referring to people who use addons. If so, I think you are dead wrong, but other’s mileage may vary as your’s seems to. To each his/her own.

Bad actors, as in people who use multiple battle.net accounts to bot AH. The kind of person who scripts/macros TSM to automate it fully, so it’s not respecting one click one action, so it turns into a bot. There are also modified builds of TSM on cheating forums that exist, and completely break TOS. So, just because it’s an addon, doesn’t mean it isn’t a bot.

In addendum, I have to update support that these are ignore evades of the same person so they can actually action the lesser forms of ongoing taunting. Hence, why I cannot remove their prior toons off my ignore list, so they can investigate fully rather than treat it as some random chit chat.

PS: The reason this case is so severe and ongoing is because the person who won’t stop harassing runs a “bank area” for a “boosting community” and washes/launders gold thru AH via dozens of toons all online at the same time.

This has been going on for half a year and has no end in sight. Support is just copypaste responses where they never actually look into a ticket, and people only get one time actioned if you spoon feed screenshots into the ticket.

1 Like