Error when trying to purchase shop items in game

I am running into the same issue, and i have a 12 month sub rolling. I tried some general computer troubleshooting but nothing is working. The error box just comes up when i try to purchase a token.

1 Like

I’m also seeing this issue when trying to use the cash shop. My last purchase was a couple days ago.

I have had an active sub for a while now. And it’s NOT just the token, it’s when trying to purchase ANYTHING in the shop, which I stated in my post.

1 Like

That was not made clear by the way it was worded.

I recommend asking in Customer Support since this doesn’t fall into the scope of technical support (crashing/disconnecting/trouble installing).

Same thing here. Trying to purchase a race change. “BlizzardBrowser.exe - Application Error”

Have you tried renaming the utils folder and then running repair? The in game shop uses the chromium browser and i have seen it get corrupted by a chrome update.

5 Likes

This worked for me. Thanks for the suggestion!

I too was having the same issue as OP. Even reached out to Blizzard support, and got no where. You are the Savior today. This absolutely fixed the issue.

Glad i could help

1 Like

can confirm this fix worked for me to

i am currently attempting the suggested solution of renaming folder UTILS to UTILS (old) and running repair

before i began this process, however, i noticed a similarly named .UTILS folder already in the tree. and said folder was empty per my viewing permissions.

is this normal?

This needs to be pinned be someone as it seems to be the actual solution.

Where is this UTIL folder located?..

its located inside the game folder

\Blizzard Games\World of Warcraft_retail_\Utils

Just a quick heads up… the scan takes FOREVER. I started the process about 40 min ago and the scan is only at 10%. But hey, if it works, I’ll be a happy camper. Thanks so much.

What do you rename it to?

Thank you!! this worked!!

Just add .old to it’s name

I just uninstalled and reinstalled the game and that worked too.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.