ERROR SPEECH - No "Spell is not ready"

Rotation help- need error sounds

Hello, I primarily have used Tell Me When with Cheesy’s addon strings to help with my rotation on my Shaman. But I realize that while I’m trying to pay attention to the action, I’ll continue to try to spam Storm Strike even though it’s not available and forget to use my maintenance spells. I have sounds to let me know that I successfully got a spell off, but I need a sound to allow me to know I’m spamming fruitlessly. I turned on Error speech that’s built into Wow and I found out the “Spell is not ready” voice is gone. Does anyone have an idea to help me understand when my spell is not ready?

Thank you!

So it is… interesting.

You can do something with WeakAuras.

/wa > new > text
Trigger > Type: Event > Event: Combat Log > Message Suffix: Cast Failed > Source Unit: Player
Actions > Play Sound > pick whatever sound you want.

Probably needs some refinement past that point but it’s a start.

1 Like

If the “Spell is not ready” voice is “gone” it might be that you are not hearing it. It can be VERY quiet and drowned out by ambient sounds, music, etc… I had to turn off everything but dialogue (and I turned that up to max) and master volume before I could hear my female gnome’s “I can’t do that now” sound. Otherwise it was impossible to hear. It does flash text on the screen like “I can’t do that now” but its very generic and quickly becomes more of an irritant than an assistance.

Either that or you installed an addon that disabled it.

Honestly it sounds like your issue isn’t with Stormstrike its with not recasting maintenance abilities when you should. An alert to do “Action X” or “Action Y” or “Action Z” is way more specific and useful than an alert that says “Stomstrike Failed. Do something else” because now you have to think of what you should be doing instead of being told “Do X/Y/Z”

1 Like

Thank you, I think you have a point. I can see that if I had a StormStrike failed, it would pull me out of the action and start looking at what I need to press instead. Which could cost me moments. So I’m grateful on the insight.
I will have to think on it. Possibly look at Weak Auras or Tell me When.