Error BLZBNTAGT0000096A

This error message is all I get when trying to open the game from the Launcher. I also get the error when trying to scan/repair from the Launcher. When I try to open WoW from the .exe I get an error saying my game is corrupted and to run scan/repair from the Launcher.

This is on top of days dealing with freezes and lockup similar to those mentioned here https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/lockups-since-83-nvidia-gpus-windows-thread/430491.

Hey there Nagaina,

Lets start by focusing on those 96A errors since we can’t troubleshoot game freezing without being able to launch it.

I’d start on this one by restarting the PC to help clear out running processes and refresh system memory. Might also be good to ensure the app is installed only to the C drive instead of any secondary drives or external devices.

Another good thing to try here is creating a new admin account to rule out possible permissions issues.

Let us know how it goes!

Thank you for the speedy reply :slight_smile:

The 96A seems to have been resolved. Simple reboot failed to clear it up so I uninstalled the launcher then did a reboot. Its been working fine since then. I already have an open ticket regarding the freezing but since its been super random as to when it happens I might have to play a bit to see if its still happening.