Something seems to be wrong with logins. I share an account with my younger brother. Because I never found a way to move his account off my account.
He was trying to manually log in and this message keeps popping up. Disconnected. Only when he switches to the launcher, is when he is able to log on. The problem with that is if he uses the launcher, it kicks me off my launcher. Is manually typing passwords causing an issue?
22 Likes
It’s happening to me as well, and I don’t have a shared account. I just don’t like using the launcher so I’ve always run the wow .exe file directly and logged in manually. I really hope it’s some kind of temporary issue and they’re not forcing us to use the launcher from now on.
6 Likes
im having the same error i can log on through the battle net launcher but not wow file directly
3 Likes
I can’t log in without it disconnecting me and giving me an error code of BFZ51914403. I tried through the launcher and directly running from wow.exe
3 Likes
Same here with my 2nd account. I don’t leave it signed into the launcher. Yo Blizz can we get one of the 5 dudes working on this game to look at this asap?
Edit: I’m to impatient to wait on blizzard so I opened a ticket. If I pay a monthly sub I expect to be able to play whether I manually log in or use a launcher.
7 Likes
Same here launching through Steam using Manual Login. Launcher works fine. Hope it’s fixed soon.
2 Likes
How do you do it from the launcher, I just got off work from working 12 hours and been wanting to play all day to come home to this infuriating bs, been daydreaming all day just turn level 20, Battle.net makes me angry enough with navigating through it. Can u please help me out with specific directions how to log on with the launcher
Also encountered this issue and its extremely frustrating. Me and my father have separate Bnet accounts but because of old account migration stuff our WoW accounts are on each other’s accounts. Just launching the exe used to be perfect for staying in my account while being able to log into my WoW. Hope this is fixed soon.
1 Like
Hey how do you log into through the “launcher” this tech stuff is infuriating after working all day, just wanna play, getting this error.
1 Like
How do you launch with “exe” account, can’t figure this out, getting pissed
1 Like
Yeah, getting that error too.
1 Like
I have two accounts and this was happening, you have to LOG IN to your other account through Battlenet not manually enter your login info.
Unable to get pass the login screen at all in the .exe or from the launcher. Any fixes?
This is the first time I have had this issue. A few people I know stay logged in with trial accounts on their desktop, interrupt the log in, then enter their full log in to play their standard account.
Some like being seen as online, but not on what toon, and where.
Is this not possible anymore? Is this a bug that will be ironed out in time?
1 Like
after my testing, it seems that only Battle.net that was successfully logged in before the problem occurred can be launched using launcher normally. Newly logged in Battle.net and all wow.exe cannot be logged in. Is that correct
I agree. I have logged in manually for years, and I want to keep it that way.
4 Likes
yea, same issue over here too, just 2 hours ago everything was working perfectly fine.. now me and my brother can’t use the same computer without switching Battle.net account every time.. super annoying! and also all the client settings used from my brother client.. Blizz fix this ASAP. it’s unacceptable!
2 Likes
Lets hope the confusion and chaos of the Beta of Forever and updates to stuff is the result of this, and its settled in a bit. Elsewise playing how I wish and have been for years will be MUCH more tedious. As far as I am aware, theres never been an issue with your desktop being on one account, and you playing another, as long as all the accounts are yours, and you are not using them for any exploitative, unfair or malicious intention.
Heck, even in the past a GM I delt with was aware of and fine with my situation. A friend of mine on my alt account gifted me a store mount, and I opened a ticket asking for a redirect of it to my main account, and it got handled swiftly and easily.
1 Like
Hey all, the same is happening to me and my second account. As a workaround, in the launcher settings, under App, you can enable Allow multiple instances of battle.net. Log into both accounts and launch them from the apps. Hope they fix this soon.
4 Likes
That is a big help, the multiple instances thing. Thank you! I hope they fix this whole thing, but that is a great help.