Error 422 when trying to update forum thread

Hello, I’m trying to update important details for my guild advertisement thread. I’ve tried editing the thread in both Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. Both keep telling me “Error 422” and won’t edit the thread. I have also tried logging in and out, it doesn’t help.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/a-rp-house-shadowstorm-heavy-rp-worldbuilding-21

I believe there’s a time limit on editing older posts in discourse. I’m not sure the actual time frame.

1 Like

To be fair, there are some guild recruitment posts on Moon Guard and WRA alike that have been around since the forums update several years ago and these threads are still active and ongoing with regular updates. Just off the cuff one of the larger ones is ongoing since 2018.

3 Likes

I don’t think this is the issue. The thread itself is probably about a month or two old.

Im showing 12/7/23, so almost 3. I’m thinking maintenance should be done, maybe that didn’t help?

Google seemed to think there was supposed to be a 60 day limit, but not sure with the wow forums.

Maybe try again and if no luck report it to the website bug forum.

Exit did work for me now on a older than 3 month thread

There actually another post there now that I look, from yesterday

I’m also receiving the same issue updating a guild recruitment thread I’ve been maintaining for the last couple of years.

1 Like

I see where you’re coming from, but this just isn’t helpful. It’s fairly common practice to update threads much older than 3 months. Considering how slow most of the forums are these days, it would be so spammy if I just kept making new threads.

I have been trying to do this over several days. So, “try again” isn’t helpful.

I’ll keep an eye on the other thread. It would be nice if I could get an actual answer. This is important info I need to update to start recruitment.

Well i figured out what my Error 422 issue was

I used to be a trust level 3 poster but got knocked down to trust level 2…for reference, I added links and images to my posting…after removing those things i was able to edit my post…maybe yours is the same way?