Error 132 - Memory could not be read

I’m unable to connect to battle.net from the launcher (uninstalled and reinstalled, just in case that was the issue - it’s not), and if I just launch the game, it gives me the old favorite Error #132.

Error #132 (0x85100084) Fatal exception!

Program: (path)\Wow.exe
Process ID: 13216
Exception: ACCESS VIOLATION

The instruction at “0x00007ff6ee18bfa5” referenced memory at “0x0000000000000000”.
The memory could not be “read”.

Press OK to terminate the application.

I’ve gone through all the standard troubleshooting for error #132, and none of it has resolved the issue.

Was there something pushed recently that could be causing this?

Update:

I can’t log into Discord, Twitch, or Office.

Basically, anything with an app-based login, I can’t get in. Browser based logins are fine.

It doesn’t appear to be the firewall, as I’ve turned it off (to test) and still nothing.

Update the second:

System error log is giving:

Schannel 36871

A fatal error occurred while creating a TLS client credential. The internal error state is 10010.

Update the third:

I put in the wrong password and it connected enough to say “hey, that’s the wrong password”, but then still wouldn’t connect to Battlenet when I put in the correct one.

1 Like

I just got the same error TWICE in the span of an hour. Did Blizzard ever give you a solution?!

I got error 132 last night, after the game patched. I deleted my Addon, WTF and cache folders, then ran a WoW repair. It fixed the problem.

I haven’t logged in today to see if the solution held though. The last time this happened, I had to reinstall the game.

Just happened to me too, first time ever

There is a forum thread up that has information regarding the problem, but if that does not work, try waiting 20 seconds to a minute until you view a visible framerate drop and it returns to normal. Also, follow all advice regarding that thread if that doesn’t work- and if it still doesn’t customer support has narrowed it down to a possible hotfix given yesterday that has lead to a fluctuation of problems in logging in.

1 Like

Right click the WOW.exe and “Run as Administrator” worked for me…

3 Likes