Error #132 after patch 10.0.5

Yes! There are, and tech support programs are not the place for this user’s comments to you or yours back to them. The purpose of this forum is to report tech support related issues and to get updates, not whatever conversation the 2 of you were involved in. IMO you both should have just moved on.

2 Likes

That said, it would be nice to know if today’s maint. will address certain stability and playability issues that have been mentioned by a fair number of customers.

Good luck finding anyone in Blizz to communicate anything to anyone properly or in a timely manner.

1 Like

they took a week…still can’t get it right :rofl:
so I was wrong, they won’t take a week, but 8days if tomorrow is the day :rofl:

something has changed, now the crash happens before character selection instead of after picking a toon

I wanted to chime in here with some clarifications on the #132 crash error message. Because these threads can end up a jumbled mess of various issues that just happen to show that very generic error message and have folks thinking its all the same thing. (Mostly to expand on what Jambrix posted shortly after this thread started)

132 is a generic message. usually some sort of driver conflict, software conflict, client corruption or potential bug with the game.

With the recent patch we saw a major increase in the number of 132 crash reports and the causes of that are being investigated.

Now, 2 major trends have appeared in these crash reports.

1. Supported AMD systems with severely outdated OS/GPU Drivers.
  2. Unsupported AMD systems.

(There was also a major crash issue with Macs but that was not the 132 crash, that was a different crash code)

Those are the bulk of reported crashes by a very large margin.

What this means is if your situation does not match either of those two situations then you have something likely specific to you happening and the best course of action would be to submit a direct ticket with system files so our technical staff can begin troubleshooting with you directly. (Be aware response time is currently about 48 hours to technical tickets)

Now as for the 2 situations I mentioned above.

If your system meets all requirements for Dragonflight, then updating your OS and drivers should solve the issue. You may also need to disable/remove 3rd party software that interacts with the game client (profilers, overlays, performance enhancers etc…) but the issue is typically resolvable for you through troubleshooting.

If your system does not meet minimum requirements for dragonflight then you won’t likely have workable drivers you can update to because AMD no longer makes drivers for your hardware. This means that the game may never be playable for you again.

Now as I said, the developers are aware of the situation and are investigating the causes. It is possible there is a fix they can implement that would make the game playable again on unsupported hardware.

BUT (and this is important) that does not make your hardware supported again. Any future patch to the game or even a change/update to Windows can break compatibility again and permanently.

The only long term solution is to upgrade or replace the system so that it meets at least the minimum requirements if not the recommended specs for the game. (and keep in mind that system requirements do change typically with new expansions or as Windows changes or as support for specific hardware changes by the makers of that hardware.)

As the game continues development to add new content, new features, and compatibility for new hardware and systems, older systems will become unsupported. The life cycle of a gaming pc is typically 2 years though we try to remain compatible with older systems for as long as possible.

Now I have seen reports that some folks with the 132 crash are able to get around the issues by changing which directx version they are using with the game (system>graphics options) If you can switch from Directx 12 to Directx11 or Directx11 Legacy, you might be able to stop the crashing but this appears to be hit or miss at the moment.

We of course are leaving this thread open and the investigation is ongoing for potential solutions but there is no ETA or guarantee that a solution will be found for unsupported systems. I can only say that it is being investigated.

4 Likes

And you took a week to say that…
as I said, support here is NOT good, not at all
and I paid a game with the 2months pack when I was able to play it, if you changed it…I guess you’ll owe me feb

2 Likes

Everything before the patch was smooth on peoples computers and now its basically , uhh still investigating , upgrade your system. A week of game time gone from people , this is very frustrating and is barely getting addressed. very disappointing.

Good luck folks, I give up, just cancelled my sub. I can’t afford a new pc or video card atm. It’s been a mostly fun 18 or so years, best wishes and I hope you all can get your game back.

3 Likes

Thank you Kershaw,
Some clarity is most welcome. I am disappointed that my expected “top end system” (macpro trashcan), or more accurately the fire pro D700’s had an EoL so early, but it’s not unexpected at this point. The purchase was ultimately for my professional work, but gaming was an assumed perk from the beginning as bootcamp has never been a mainstream thing.

That being said, should there never be a fix, can we petition to get the remaining game time refunded? I have 5 months to go

2 Likes

I cannot make any promises in regards to potential refunds for gametime but you can ask.

I will say in general if you make a gametime purchase and haven’t been able to use any of it. It is worth submitting a refund request to see if it can be refunded. Whether it will be approved or not, I can’t say.

If you have used any significant portion of the game time, then a refund is not going happen. However if the reason for the refund request is because you won’t be able to play for an extended period of time, it may be worth putting in a ticket asking to freeze/pause the gametime.

If approved, that would essentially save that game time (there are limits to how often and how much can be saved) until you can address the unsupported system issue and come back to the game at that time. (There is a procedure you’d have to follow to regain that unused time but it would be explained in reply to your ticket if approved)

As for time lost due to a specific issue it really depends.

First, any service wide issue would be investigated and addressed by the Developers. They will then measure the impact on players and determine if compensation will be provided. Support does not offer compensation per individual request on service wide issues. If any is provide it is done at the game level. This specific situation is a bit unusual in that it mostly involves system that have not been supported since before Dragonflight launched. So the likelyhood of any compensation for issues on unsupported systems will be low.

Keep in mind these forums are community based support forums. We mostly moderate and provide information where we can but troubleshooting is generally done with the community itself and our forum volunteers. If you ever experience an issue and it is not related to a known problem or widely reported issue, submitting a ticket is the best way to get troubleshooting assistance from a Blizzard Agent. You are able to provide much more detailed system information via a ticket than we can accept here on the forums.

3 Likes

What an actual joke " we stole from you , srry shouldve upgraded your pc before we did a patch adding a trading post that has messed up hundreds and thousands of peoples experience , you probably wont get refunded" No company in the world other than blizz. absolutely insane.

2 Likes

Good information. Would have been nice to know last week, because now you have people who lost a week of progress because the game wouldn’t let them play.

“Your rig is garbage, buy a new one or you’ll never play again” definitely the answer i have been looking for. My sub was to renew on feb 5th. I have since canceled and uninstalled. Loads more games i can be playing that dont involve theft of money, my monthly sub will be going to sony now. Thanks for the (useless) help.

2 Likes

What gets me is that I have an AMD system that was running perfectly before the patch, and all of a sudden is crashing with error #132 after the patch. It still runs fine for everything other than WoW. So while I understand that it’s an older system, clearly something changed on Wow’s end that took my system from fine to unplayable.

7 Likes

I guess Their update screwing everything it’s our fault— because we are either non-gamer(won’t waste money to play a videogame for 30days lol) and others poor/hard economic situation… :rofl:
As I said a Du Soleil version of a company…
hope you use the 15 you’re about to steel from me to pay a decent support, and devs that are not liars… not liars and clowns, because you could get better people for 7, yeah…that cheap is your circus.
Hope yall have a good one, and for the people that have been playing this for years, maybe this happened so you can move on to better and bigger things…not other videogame :wave:

2 Likes

My brothers graphic card is AMD , two gens older than mine, his game has been fine since patch , mine not. it is a joke that blizz wants to blame this on us and not take any accountability , or actively help the little fanbase it has left. One step forward with a good xpac finally , two steps back with counterproductive measures to retain player base.

1 Like

DD6A87F5-C79B-40FD-9EFB-8C26FD510E8D - day 7 no resolve, get to end of handshaking end of blue bar then crash. fatal error.
please resolve

Good luck guys and gals, I’m out. They are still blaming customers. Looking at support forum seems to me like some severe coding issues going on over at blizz hq. Its not just these people who cannont connect, you have massive amounts of people complaining about being randomly disconnected and horrible fps issues and many more similar issues…and heaven forbid you use one of the disconnect bugged abilities. All of these issues were practically non existant before patch. But its definitely something wrong with all of these customers setups…not blizzards kindergarten level developers…

4 Likes

DF has been crap from a performance perspective- I know because I run 8 clients at once…

1 Like