Eranikus "not accepting transfers"

In Benedictions case, transfers closed and then once again re-opened to Sulfuras after, so it’s not unlikely they could do the same for Eranikus.

3 Likes

It’s certainly very possible, if the issue is the same. It’s also possible that Eranikus filled up from the transfers, and they can’t do anything without impacting the players that are already there.

Just have to wait and see what Vrak finds out.

LOL, the answer to my question earlier “Do they not know you are out here fixing this for hundreds of people?” is obviously NO, or I would have gotten a response.

The server team CLEARLY has no idea how many people are getting their mail deleted manually by the Customer Service reps on this forums. if they did they would not have closed the server.

Not true. Even though our SFAs here have been helping folks out left and right, with how people were rapidly trying to take advantage of the free transfers? They are not going to risk another mega server. While some people were waiting on tickets or seasons end PVP rewards, there were plenty of folks without having to wait who jumped on the bandwagon. Hopefully they can help folks out, but the unfortunate truth is that some people just got there before all of these other people who had issues holding them up.

1 Like

Do you understand the amount of people that were being held up by this, thousands alone getting it manually fixed on the forums by 2 CS people in the past 3 days.

If they failed to see this problem ahead of time with the event/transfer timeline that is a BLUNDER. I’m not blaming them for not seeing this coming, but they have to do something about it.

Also, saying “but the unfortunate truth is that some people just got there before all of these other people” means nothing when you give people 0 warning. His brother transferred literally 3 hours before him, and then in the span of the next 3 hours, they silently locked it.

There were quite a few, but it was nowhere near thousands. The exaggeration serves no purpose.

1 Like

I don’t think you realize how fast 10’s add up to a 100, and how quickly 100’s add up to a 1000. also your comment serves no purpose, literally.

I’m not disagreeing with you or anyone here. It sucks all around, but the Devs who did all of this? They are not seeing a word of your frustrations or any single thing posted here. Everyone is raging here at CS when the SFAs here have absolutely no part in that. And they are the absolutely only staff that comes to this particular forum.

4 Likes

And that is likely why they had the lockdown. Because it absolutely can balloon so quickly. They aren’t seeing whose brother made it or whose guild all transferred and three people were held back, they’re seeing numbers of people flooding in. It’s nothing personal, it’s data.

2 Likes

I am blaming CS for not escalating our hundreds if not thousands of concerns to the DEV team. I know the CS people don’t have the power to do anything besides communicate. Which they should have done. Probably easier to just clock a 9-5 just deleting mail though.

I really don’t think this was an intentional close. The server is definitely not even close to full, some people are still able to transfer, and we’ve seen only about 2k concurrent players.

If it was Unintentional, Ill take back everything i’ve said and ill slap myself in the face IRL. And then I will jump for joy.

They don’t though. The ones here on the forum are forum associates for this Customer Support forum. Us as players, we use the in-game suggestions/feedback tool or post in the forums where data is collected. Bug Reports, General Discussion. THAT is how to get things escalated so the proper staff can see it. They may not interact with people like our SFAs here do, but it is being seen and data and feedback is collected from those venues.

2 Likes

It seems like it’s been a comedy of errors, and it just sort of… cascaded. I think the realm lock might have been the devs hitting the emergency stop to give them a chance to figure out went sideways, and why it seemed to snowball.

1 Like

How about instead of “slapping” yourself, you just wait until they have an answer for you?

All this speculating and rumor-mongering and “what about this?” and “they need to do that” doesn’t help anyone.

5 Likes

If nobody complained, nothing would get done, because they would have no idea about the problem to begin with. That’s why we have to make ourselves heard, because if it WAS intentional, they need to know the mistake they have made and the suffering they have caused. Kinda common sense.

Then just say you don’t have answers atm. Better than leaving everyone in the dark.

2 Likes
2 Likes

They know about the problem. Yes, make them aware (already done), then wait until they have more to tell you.

This is why you should wait. No one is “suffering”. It’s a video game. This kind of drama gets takes away from the actual issue at hand.

2 Likes

They don’t have the ability to communicate? I’m not asking the 2 CS ppl on these forums to directly contact the dev team, but everyone has a boss, and that boss has a boss. Hence the work Escalation. Nothing can be done now though its to late. And this is all assuming the shutdown was on purpose.