Era is very much alive, don't listen to what other people say

Most crowded cluster - Whitemane: 3538 A - 2699 H (raiders).
Most crowded SoD server - Crusader Strike: 19353 A - 20480 H (raiders)
Total raiders: 8632 (Era) - 158900 (SoD)
Considering how aged Classic era server is and how GDKP works, the percentage of raiding alts on era should be higher than sod.
So yeah, you can see it yourself but you can never stop someone from smoking copium.

SW / Org are packed, not sure exactly what total online players is but you will see people everywhere since there are no layers.

1 Like

uh, about 1k for horde, a bit more for alliance.

beyond that I couldn’t say.

Generally speaking, ‘alive’ means its plenty obvious to players that people are raiding, leveling, grouping for dungeons, making use of the AH, BGs are going off, guilds recruiting, pug raids etc etc. Its not tied to a specific number of people. For argument sake though, lets say you need at least 100 very active members per faction playing the whole game.

There is no formal means to census data on primetime populations. Best we can do is figure out how many people are raiding every week as one poster already alluded too. The information you’re asking for requires someone to be able to do a lot of /who 'ing in a short span of time. This was alot easier when populations were two or three digits.

I used to keep track of it on Mankrik from TBC to early Wrath but it became too burdensome with the window being limited to 50 characters. In the time it takes you to figure out how many 1-59’s (by brackets and mini brackets) and 60’s (by zone when well more than 50) there were those numbers could be plus or minus 10-20 players on larger servers.

Not too long ago (late 2023) Mankrik cluster was 350+ horde and 1000+ alliance primetime nightly, not including 60’s in opposing faction zones.

2 Likes

I was playing era mankirk when there were less than 50 people on almost at any given time, and i didnt think that was dead. I think the mankirk cluster has a happy level of players for me, both horde and alliance, despite horde being vastly out numbered.
The game really sucks when theres a ton of people playing. If you are trying to quest or something in the open world with a high server pop; mostly what you’d do is wait aound for monsters to respawn.

4 Likes

you are right

New Services Advertisement Policy - Community / General Discussion - World of Warcraft Forums (blizzard.com)

2 Likes

Because we cannot tell. Population is not counted via any of the addons / 3rd party extensiones we can use. Only raiders or PvP players are counted.
If you want some measure, roll a level 1 and visit the capitals and look at AH during prime time. Do not just sit there and ask us to do something that can’t be done.

1 Like

yeah the whitemane cluster is poppin
people saying era is dead clearly haven’t logged into it in years, lol :expressionless:

5 Likes

those SoD raiders are a bunch of alts dude :expressionless: that’s what a 200% exp boost and a low level cap get you

also whitemane is a server cluster, so you need to add in all the raiders on other servers in the cluster as well.

2 Likes

Im confused on how yall are saying its impossible to see. We have a census tool that works for vanilla wow, its the classic era discord even. You just run it during primetime hours. So many just don’t want to show the real numbers and want to hide behind the raid loggers afk in orgrimmar and stormwind and say, yeah the server is “poppin”.

Server population “Low” Just logged into my toon on Whitemane.

0 people in Molten Core
0 people in Blackwing layer
0 people in Ahn Qaraj
10 mage trash farmers in Naxx

yeah its “popping” alright.

Cope.

Whitemane is a west server. [NA} prime time is about 9 hours from now.

Timezones dont matter when its the only era cluster thats actually being played. Plenty of east coast ppl play on it.

I just think its wildly disingenuous to say its “popping” when there are 0 raids happening in the middle of the day on a Friday.

But its okay. Eyr posts all day on the SoD forums claiming the game is dead, its all bots, nobody plays… and yet has a gall to call Whitemane “popping” … uhh huh

I’m not sure that applies to Era. It’s a retail post talking about a retail channel (that doesn’t exist in Era). I think there still is a policy though. I thought I saw something and there was a dude a while back who got a response in CS for why he got banned and it was advertising the wrong thing in the wrong chat maybe?

Either way, I appreciate you going and trying to dig up info on this!

1 Like

yes its does matter where the server is and 9 hours before primetime on a server is not a good time to start judging activity. you also said other stuff in your poorly constructed post that needs no comment.

4 Likes

the census tool is legit linked IN the era discord to download. we have been using it for years now.

If you have the tool, why do you ask:

Why not just give the numbers?

4 Likes

I wish more people realized this and we broke out of the “mega server” culture. 3,000 pop servers without layering are ideal IMO, but blizzard classic team has said, even though they wish they could have that again, due to technical / operational limitations, it’s unlikely going to happen again.

But still, we as a community would be well off with a mindset shift away from mega server or bust.

7 Likes

So far my best time with Era was right after TBC “classic” came out and almost everyone (no exaggeration) left to play it. Came with a cash shop boost, a cash shop mount and everything! How could any self respecting classic loving player say no to that?

The first few weeks I remember being one of like 11 players on during peak (Mankrik) horde side. Alliance side Mankrik bled like everyone else but still had well over 100 people playing it from what I remember.

Then as the weeks turned to months the pop kept going up on both sides. Horde very quickly got to like 20 regulars and before too long it was 50 then over a hundred and towards the end of TBC it felt like a real server again. Populations exploded shortly thereafter with the release of Wrath.

In a way the game felt new again - doing the first UBRS as a “server” in the aftermath felt amazing. Doing 5’s for blues for the raids we would do “one day” when more people came back. From there a real horde guild formed and held things together until other people were cool with hanging out with classic andys again.

Dont get me wrong, it wasn’t the best vanilla-ish experience one could have but it was better than everything that came after P2-3 post Classic relaunch. I got by levelling a bunch of horde rogues and trolling LFG chat about the lack of players which ended up making me a couple of new friends who actually play the game so that was nice.

5 Likes

I agree with your point but (assuming you play Alliance), Mankrik was never lower than 50 players online, even summer '21 after TBCC same out it was a couple hundred peak and around a hundred at off hours. You may be misremembering or misinterpreting the ‘who’ results.