Equipoise stealth nerf?

So just logged on and my equipoise damage went from 1600-something to 536 with a 3 stack of the trait. Was the trait buff reverted ninja-style?

5 Likes

just noticed this aswell, wtf blizzard just stealth gutted arcane

3 Likes

Wtf? I see it, too. It looks like it was nerfed 60%.

2 Likes

Holy cow that is a big nerf!

Someone check to see if maybe the nerf was just that it no longer stacks with itself. Try only equipping one piece and see what it looks like.

2 Likes

What it looks like is the 200% buff from before was reverted(?).

2 Likes

Oh my God, and with the blanket 50% reduction to all Azerite Talents in PvP, it’s even more useless.

Can someone else confirm? I mean, I guess that’s why they buffed Brain Storm. Maybe, the mage development team could use the Brian Storm talent on themselves.

I don’t mean to sound rude, but this is just unacceptable. Not only is arcane mechanically not fun, with Azerite talents that are lackluster, but now the talents are even further inhibited in performance.

Bring back Legion Arcane Mage.

7 Likes

I discussed this with a GM just now and suggested that very idea. He told me specifically that they have no information of any “stealth nerf” to the trait. He suggested I put in a bug report which I did and said he would do one as well.

Bottom line, if the GMs don’t know about this, it does suggest a bug rather than an intentional nerf and the numbers I have do suggest it’s a reversion of the 200% as my damage stacking 3 was roughly 1600 and now it’s 536. In fact, the tool tip per azerite piece even posts damage 1/3 of what it was last night (ie: 190 instead of 570 ish for the 415 chest).

None of this is going to get us fixed today, so let’s hope it’s a bug and not intentional as this would make the spec almost unplayable and be a huge slap in the face to anyone who spent residuum trying to get a specific piece.

4 Likes

When I get home from work I will do the same (bug report).

I just simmed my mage and my DPS is down about 2k. :frowning: I just got 3x Equipoise pieces and swapped from having only played Fire/Frost a few days ago, and was starting to quite enjoy Arcane. I do have gearsets for Fire/Frost, but still.

2 Likes

Can you imagine someone who saved up 7100 or whatever it is residuum to get a specific piece then had this happen? I’d be uninstalling if that happened to me…

3 Likes

I agree! I wouldn’t blame them one bit. These giant swings (nerfs/buffs) to Azerite traits is a huge deterrent to actually farming residuum for me personally for this very reason.

Also, how about those who sink gold into reforging their Azerite pieces? Last weekend I was at like 600+ gold per reforge because I was min/maxing all three of my gearsets for Frost/Fire/Arcane. I know some people that are in the several thousands of gold per reforge cost.

3 Likes

yeah i simmed mine and lost like 1500 dps, gonna put it a ticket* in to see if i can maybe get a reforge for my azerite pieces, because until this is fixed, arcane explosion literally only loses like 50 dps single target. This “accidental” reversion has killed the trait

Blizzard you better fix this sh*t before raid tonight.

This is so cute. We can’t win can we Arcane mages?

WTB Arcane Orb baseline.

Yes, that would be nice but it only addresses one of our issues. This equipoise nerf/bug wrecks our ST by like 15% which is a far greater issue currently.

Apparently its intended and not a bug.

According to?

cool story care to link to a valid source?

Staff from the mage discord saying they just reverted the buff to it.

Ok but do staff from the mage discord work for Blizzard and have official knowledge that even a GM doesn’t? Not trying to be snarky, but that doesn’t really come off as a solid source.