Equipment Manager Set Not Saving

I am glad others are having this problem. For awhile I thought I was losing my mind.

I am also having the same issue. It def is annoying and would love to see a fix soon.

Yep, same here.

My transmog sets are also not saving after I log out of the game.

This has been fixed for me now.

If anyone still have this problem this is a 100% server side issue, as i haven’t done antyhing else to my WoW since the last time i make this thread.

I have also been having this problem since last night, glad it’s not just me because it’s driving me crazy.

Would like to see a fix soon because it’s a really irritating bug.

I am having the same issue. I made new sets and they are fine now. If i make any changes to the new sets they don’t save the new changes.

This is still affecting me. As someone who play multiple specs in raid/m+/pvp and switches gear sets constantly, it is down right making the game unplayable and makes me not want to log into the game. After the new patch that brings major changes for my class, best-in-slot azerite gears and stat priorities are all different from before, and yet none of the changes I make to any of my gear sets will save once I log out.

So until this is fixed or at least acknowledged by blizzard I will just not log on until I absolutely have to for guild raid nights.

I am also having the same issue.

Use an addon “Oufitter” for now, the gear is saved client side. This is a server side issue, sadly. And i don’t see any blue post responding to this yet :confused:

This appears to be fixed for me. I did have to re-save my equipment sets, but now the save works and I can logoff and back on and the sets are fine.

I’m also having this issue

I had this problem until I deleted all my equipment sets. It seemed to work again after that.

This happened again to me randomly 2 days ago, a new equipment set that i made for my shadow priest got deleted today. It was a set i use to do WQ, so i was confused as to why my Shadow Priest still using that WQ set but the equipment set setting for it are gone -__-

It’s working fine now, but i got the feeling this will happen again soon.

I’ve been having the same issue for the last few days too. It seems to “forget” any changes I’ve saved last time I logged in. Any ideas on how to fix it, or do we have to wait for Bliz? And it’s happened to me before too, if I remember right. Then it seemed to fix itself for a while before returning.

Still happening four+ months later. I have a boomkin set that keeps resetting to an old version somewhat randomly. I’m not sure whether it’s every time I restart WoW or not. I just notice that after switching spec and gear my boomie gear is wrong and the gear set has reverted to an old one.

It’s possibly happening on other sets, but my boomie one is the one I notice since it’s my main spec.

I’m having this bug now and it’s very frustrating. On my druid that was recently server transferred, my sets don’t change when I log out and log back in. It doesn’t happen when I do a UI reload, which leads me to believe it’s a server issue.

I reported this using the in-game bug reporting tool today and was able to replicate the issue. It appears equipment slots that are not empty, such as the shirt slot, are not properly saved when the item is removed and the equipment set saved.

I’d noticed this when I got the Aboriginal Robe appearance. It looked better without a shirt slot equipped so I removed the shirt and saved the set. When I logged out and back in, the shirt reappeared in the saved set.

As a previous poster suggested, I removed all of my saved equipment sets and recreated them. While this fixed the issue with the missing shirt slot, changes did not save when I unequipped items from the initial save and re-saved (leaving those slots empty). As I created the new saves with my currently equipped items, I needed to delete the newly created set and create it only with the slots I wanted equipped.

Possibly this is related to an update to accommodate the “hidden slot” appearances in an upcoming patch (whereby items in all items except for pants could be hidden). This does, however, make it a pain to keep a cosmetic set where items are intentionally omitted on save and I consider it to be a bug.

I am having this issue also, on only one of my 12 characters. Today I have removed all of his saved equipment sets and recreated them. Upon logging out and back in however no new changes are saved, same as before I recreated them. I sure wish Blizzard wouldn’t let these sorts of bugs drag out for months and months on end.

This issue has been resolved now, and we put together a little more information for those of you who are interested.

We found that this bug where Equipment Sets are not saved was originally introduced when we updated our code to use a newer, simpler, and more secure system in the database. The new system was a wrapper around an older, battle tested, and reliable object for doing database operations, and it made some of the more complicated interactions with the system easier to use. The way it worked was by copying pending database changes into another object before they moved on to getting written.

The problem that caused the bug came from how we were keeping track of items. We were trying to determine if a value had changed before writing it, so we wouldn’t waste any time if there was no change. Makes sense, right? But in this specific case, where a character removed a piece of gear from an equipment set, we set the Item ID for that slot back to zero. So that meant the default value for the new database object we were copying into was… zero. The way it ended up flowing was that all the equipment set changes were properly being packed up and piped into the new system, but then when we went to copy them into a new object we saw a removed item, like a head piece, was now set to zero. Since our new object already had a zero for your head piece it incorrectly thought “We don’t need to save this, it’s already zero!” and threw the change away.

Again, this issue is now resolved. This thread and discussion definitely helped us track it all down, so thanks for the constructive thoughts!

1 Like