Epic Mount Gold Farming

What are some of the best gold farms to build up enough gold to get that epic mounteroo?

I found plenty of guides on Youtube and such, but they’re almost all from Classic and most involve selling things that won’t have nearly the same value going into TBC.

Raw gold farms are fine. I don’t mind putting on some jams and murdering for a while.

*Horribly geared level 60 hunter. (Not putting any gold into gear because I’m saving it all for training.)

Thanks!

**Note, solo grinds. Mostly playing off and on while doing other stuff right now before TBC officially launches.

1 Like

Look up mara princess solo runs. It’s fairly easy for someone lacking gear, and makes decent raw gold

3 Likes

Wait for tbc and do quests. All of them. You actually make enough to from quests to buy the epic flying mount.

As for farming in tbc for money: Motes. Specifically weapon enchant motes.

Professions can make money but it is iffy unless you are the first with a rare recipe.

5 Likes

Well, I was really leaning toward strats to get the epic mount before TBC. The methods in BC I did back in the day.

I don’t remember how much I made leveling, but I know I had to farm for a whiiiiiile to get epic flight. So many dead fire elementals… So many… I was playing a shaman so I half expected to get a whisper from the elements just saying “bruh, wtf?”

2 Likes

If you have a gathering profession, materials are booming right now. People are in a mad dash to boost professions before TBC hits. Thorium is close to 1g an ore etc. Really depends on the server though.

As others have said, you’ll get lots of gold leveling in TBC also. You’ll get an epic pretty mount quick.

1 Like

Kinda hard to say, your servers economey is a massive factor. I made 200g selling Light Feathers as my server has tons of boosters, they need em for ZG runs. Deviate fish sell for lots usually as people like being a pirate.

You could also try Mara solo farming. It’s not a ton of gold but fairly easy and reliable.

2 Likes

Classic materials are actually worth more now and it’ll only go up because everyone will be in outlands soon. Thorium for example on my realm was like 2g/stack last year… now they’re 15g. Good thing I filled a bank with that. :+1:

But you don’t need to worry about farming for an epic now… just quest to 70 and if you still don’t have it by then… you can farm daily quests.

1 Like

This. You will get (if you’re conervative with your gold) probably around 1k-1500g when you go 60-70 especially if you sell stuff you find along the way.

1 Like

Yeah this is really the correct answer. By 70, you should have 2000 gold after training.

Easily will have 1k gold by 62-63 for your epic ground.

1 Like

Well, I guess that’s not so bad. Plodding along at 60% until I can snag it isn’t the end of the world, I suppose.

I’ll probably try a few of the suggestions above. I don’t have mining, but do have skinning which I’ve made a couple hundred gold on this week, but the best spots I’ve found are flooded with boosters, and a few lvl 60 skinners are hanging around to snag the skins so I can’t just clean up after them.

I may actually just grab mining and drop LWing since I probably won’t use it a ton at max. I know the leg armors are nice, but I don’t really try to get rich or anything, just have enough for what I need.

Thanks for all the responses!

That’s what I did the first time around. I had plenty of gold at 70

Well you could do what I’m doing. get 2 gathering professions and horde gold you get from quests.

Questings gonna be a gong show anyways. Dungeon grinding probably better and you don’t need a mount for that. If you’re on a pvp server it’s a bit more important, Pve? Don’t worry.

1 Like

the Mara runs don’t make as much gold anymore, Princess only drops 1 rare item now instead of 2 so you have to kill the other bosses like Rotgrip and the goblin boss now(i was killing Landslide too, he’s actually easy 4 me and drops a melee weapon that vendors nicely) it ended up coming out to only about 20-30g per hour. it would be more if elemental earth and solid stone weren’t selling for dirt cheap, elemental earth used to sell for 8-10g each now they are selling for 30-60s each.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.