Epic battlegrounds

Does anyone else wish we could do Rated epic battlegrounds? epics are really fun. I would love to rbg on an epic.

4 Likes

Finding 40 people to do a rbg would take for ever

2 Likes

I am in 6 epic comms on horde alone. the hard part would be picking which team to join as there is a lot of name cross over in epic comms.

Lol 40 people talking at the same time world be confusing

2 people talking at the same time is confusing. what is your point?

Alliance in Classic wow had something like that. It was a discord server you joined that had lobbies for every possible AV that could be made. It allowed for about 80%+ of the players in each to be on disc.

People were motivated and there was rarely an idiot in there because they would get kicked out.

It was good times until blizz changed the way you join the BG.

1 Like

I just love the idea of it. In my opinion epics rely more on strategy and mechanics then ilvl so they are more fun to me. The fewer the people there are the more ilvl matters. For example in 2v2 arena there’s pretty much no way for 180s to defeat 210s unless the 210s are like the worst 210s ever lol but they can in an epic with better strats.

1 Like

lol

Epic battlegrounds are probably to asymmetric in their current state to have ranked play. However, I would like to see an Ashran that has 25 Moonkins on one team.

What is a moonkin?

Here’s how to implement this:

• all epic BGs are reduced to 20 man
  • queue as a 5-person team
    I would sign up for this all day. I’ve loved AV since vanilla!

Screw Wintergrasp

Wintersgrasp is actually still winnable on offence but you have to destroy the middle gate. the sides are too easy to defend

1 Like

We filled our 40 man Korrak AVs all month+ during the anniversary event when Blizzard allowed the raid queues in less than 3-5 minutes. We had a real fun time, and did it more so for great pvp and that we have all gotten to be good friends with each other over the last xpac and,enjoy playing pvp with each other.
So during the last 2 Korraks, when 40,an queues were allowed, depending on the time of day, and how many instances they had going, our wait times to pop weren’t very long- maybe 11 +/- minutes give or take? Thy was if if people weren’t inadvertently pausing the queue, by switching zones or disconnecting.
Now, If this 40man queue was still an allowed feature. Whoa buddy.
However, we are still making it work as well as we can. We try to synchronize our 4-5 -5 man groups that we have, be it on discord or in our pvp communities.
But alas, there are some flaws to this. Not all of our 40 get the same EBG, for whatever of a myriad of reasons.
But most of the time I see 3-4 of our 5 -5 mans syncs work.
But if we could all do what we can during the anniversary event, dude- you’d be fighting 40 man groups every game without more than 1 or 2 pugnacious players in the opposition.

Great strat for attacking right now indeed as it allows your team fluidity to get vehicles to the keep, no matter what workshop you control, which one they take back, and avoids that dreadful turtle that seems to plague recent offensive games, where, once they dig in at their keep, the side we feel we’ve progressed on, is no longer reachable due to the buildout from within their workshop next to that ill begotten lost cause.
Going straight for the front makes them have to bring anything they build from within a bit of a ways around, at least for a while, and maybe gives us a it more access to defend our southern towers if they do make an attempt to reduce our time, sine we now have access to all 3 via the main passage.
I’ll double up on positive encouragement of this strat in the window of negativity that we have before the game starts, as for some reason, I get blurred with Raid Leader quite a lot, and more frequently this xpac.
I always try to use it for good, and y’all BFA vets know we need it in there the most.

Dinner first. Then, maybe conversation, and lots of Shiraz. But gurl, you gotta buy my love.