Epic battlegrounds as alliance are a joke

I missed your edit until just now, but +1

You obviously do play epics on a regular basis, post is spot-on. Only thing I see an issue with is your description of Living Bomb - it’s not random, it gets cast on the primary aggro target. The reason it has an annoying tendency to get on Hunter pets is because inexperienced/noob Hunters don’t turn off their pet taunt.

Meanwhile, some of these guys claim capping the hangar flag before the Horde even reaches the top of the hill is “impossible” :roll_eyes:

And yes, I know exactly which Feral Druid you are referring too, I always get a sigh of relief whenever I zone in and notice him on the team - simply having him on the team is basically a “free win” :laughing:

It’s like I always say, most of these guys spend the majority of their time in little bgs - they just don’t know many of these little tips and tricks.

There is no backdoor to South Bunker, it was fixed around late 2018…

The only backdoor to DB that all classes can use is a warlock gate, and you can despawn the gate by killing the warlock.

Just went up the lock gate not more than 2 hours ago .

Half the offense was in the tower before they even noticed it .

Lock gate isn’t anything to do with the map…

Perfectly fine to use class abilities to cross terrain, Heroic Leap is another example.

Feels wrong that one of the strongest Alliance choke point can be bypassed like that .

They lost the game I was in due to that .

Anyway I got my 100th AV win on this toon with that .

1 Like

I’ll keep this in mind the next time I heroic leap or warlock gate over the fence or up the waterfall “invalid path” Frostwolf :wink:

DOSAO! I was emoting you in Eye of the Storm and then ran you off into the ether. I love you. <3

The “actual” backdoor - where you could simply jump up the slope on a ground mount - was fixed around December 2018. Outside of class/mobility abilities, there currently is no way to enter the south of Dun Baldar on a ground mount.

That was you!! :joy::joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

LOL I still remember all the forum salt about that one.

2 Likes

fix Offence on Wintergrasp and fix Ashran, Ashran is the only one where horde have a clear advantage.

Just won IOC with Kaijju in it at the start .

He must have rage quit before the end as I didnt see him later on. Even after they won hanger we managed to win somehow as they started running bombs :joy::joy::joy:

Speaking of him, just got out of an IOC where he once again speed-capped the hangar flag well “ahead of schedule” :rofl:

Unfortunately, it turned out that the Alliance pugs were weak/low dps and the Horde simply overpowered us despite us having control of hangar :grimacing:

So we lost hangar, and well, you know how the rest goes :woozy_face:

Most of the time it’s a win, but even 1 good player (Alliance secret weapon Feral Druid), can’t make up for most of a 40-man team being weak/low gear.

He did his job, I blame the loss on low dps/low gear from the other 38 pugs :man_shrugging:

I’ve play both factions and if I wanted to win Epic BG’s I logged onto my Alliance character. Horde loses AV and IOC almost all the time - this is a fact. I’ve been playing since 2005 and it never changes.

I have two main toons; my mage which I played from Cata to Legion, and this Priest which Ive only played Epics on during BfA.

My Mage has a 70% win ratio in AV, while my Priest has a 0% win rate in AV (4/4 losses as of this post).

So it’s not a fact that Horde loses AV almost all of the time now. It seems more probable that something has changed in BfA that has given Horde a distinct advantage now.

We’re not in 2005 anymore. Horde dominate AV now and IoC is probably 60/40 for Alliance.

Even then you’re wrong. In Vanilla, prior to 1.10, the winning faction for AV was different on every server. On my old server Executus, Horde won all lvl 60 BG’s.

The only major map change in AV in years is SH GY.

The real issue, ignoring map advantages is the Alliance stopped playing defense and now the Horde defend.

For 8 years the Alliance zerged for free wins while the Horde that knew the map BL it.

With a separate queue and no BL the Alliance are now outmatched.

alliance are stupid ppl that stayed alliance after wrath when the entire faction just rolled over horde. horde complained so much they split the batttlegroups up

haha as if av needed a change. it was just lazy peons horde players from the alliance first time playing horde. we could do what they did. it was just a whimper of horde weaklings moaning on about map design now they can just walk into av and be like
do nothing and win when it was always in our power to do the same thing

here you whine on your vulpurra no less in 2020. AV as Horde VS. Alliance years ago was 50/50. It depended on who was here to end it or just farm honor points.

You think I’m whining?

Perhaps you are confusing me with someone else?