Epic battlegrounds as alliance are a joke

FIX EPIC BATTLEGROUNDS AS ALLIANCE
They’re literally a 5% win rate, why?
why Gate blood of the enemy and other BiS behind something so pathetic?

You have hardly played any BG’s…

And you are asking for changes ??

1 Like

He’s a dragonslayer who got rolled in PvP, so now he’s here to screech on the forum.

4 Likes

To be fair, Ashran and AV as Alliance is like pulling teeth. In Ashran i blame Blizzard because the Alliance has no clear 1st objective the way the Horde does, but for AV its entirely Alliances fault.

2 Likes

Everyone already knows that Alliance play poorly in epics, this is old news.

As for your gripe about Blood of the Enemy, I would just “specific” queue Isle of Conquest until you get a good/winning team. Problem solved :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Would faction-imbalance play a role? Less players on alliance, less geared players
I think its totally unfair that Mercenary is only available to Horde. Mercenary should be available to all, should be a feature to whole of the game not just one faction.

Have being in some epic AV games recently though … both factions turtling every other game .

More players in horde , chances of undergeared players more

See how that goes ?

1 Like

Mercenary mode is activated for the faction experiencing long queue times. It was introduced at a time when Alliance players had to wait 10+ minutes for queues to pop.

Yep - had a game the other night where we summoned Ivus, and he made it all the way to Frostwolf. He was very effective at pushing them all the way back to RH while we capped the last two towers.

My win rates in epic battlegrounds this expansion are at 47% minus Wintergrasp. I take Wintergrasp away because it is the one I tend to backfill into and stick around. It’s 43% with Wintergrasp included.

Considering the not insignificant advantages Horde has in Ashran and Alterac Valley, I’m pretty proud of the 47%.

Let’s not discount the significant Ally advantage in IOC with the hanger shall we :wink:

Not at all, but this thread is about Alliance EBGs and also 50% of the battlegrounds favouring one faction is more than 25% of them. :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s sad they have the reinforcement counter in AV. So many great games end before they actually get to the real end.

I had one yesterday where the game ended with 2 towers on each side still up and Ice boi on the way north .

3 Likes

By far my favorite BG. whether its a race or a turtle. I dont care. But Alliance rarely listens at the beginning. Skip X, take Y, and then half the raid runs to Galv. /sigh

30% win rate after 300+ games isnt great.

3 Likes

Yup, and when you open up the map it looks like someone dropped a bag of Skittles on the screen (Alliance “dots” spread out all over the place) :woozy_face:

2 Likes

OP aint wrong but lets talk about his name, did you roll your face across your keyboard?

1 Like

Join Horde before you start crying about a Epic BG 5% win rate - we’d kill for a 5% win rate lol

1 Like

You say there’s a significant advantage favoring Alliance, but Alliance never win Hangar. My experience as Alliance is as follows:

I get to Hangar at about the same time as Horde.

Actions cease going through. I literally can not play the game despite watching Horde cast bars rolling and my health being depleted.

Alliance are wiped due to significant percentage of the team inexplicably rendered unable to input actions.

Horde take Hangar.

Alliance resort to Docks and WS, but Glaives are destroyed in .3 seconds and ranged Alliance players can’t grasp the concept of destroying keep cannons and ranged players on the wall.

Horde wins.

It’s more like a 40% winrate, and you only have to win one game in your life to get Blood of the Enemy. But still, it’s not fun at all to constantly get into games against the same Horde premades while getting the same people on your own team who never listen to calls and just troll chat and complain all game while contributing next to nothing in damage and healing.

It’s really funny how Horde have these crazy “40 minute queues” that I’ve never seen when playing on my Horde characters. It says something ridiculous like 30 minutes for average wait time and then pops in 10 even in the middle of the night. And sometimes on Alliance, I finish an epic battleground and then get into another with many of the same Horde just 3 minutes later.

If they allowed Alliance players to merc as Horde, at least we’d have the option to play Horde for a couple games and crush those toxic players.

If you want to win as Alliance, you first have to accept that you can’t control the outcome of ANY epic battleground. Even with a min/maxed character that does tons of damage, you will die in a 1v5. You can only give your team the strats and hope they follow them.

In Alterac Valley, unless you’re specifically farming for HKs, do not defend anything. Just go for Tower Point and the two Frostwolf Towers. Tell your team to skip SFGY and FWGY. Do not backcap anything unless something gets backcapped by Horde. After three towers cap, kill Drek’Thar with your entire team.

This strat sounds stupid to people who rarely play AV or only play on Horde, but it has a very high win rate. It works because Horde pugs never also zerg. They commit 6 people to sit in Iceblood Tower and then split their team between the first two Alliance Towers while sending a couple stealthies to Dun Baldar. This strat doesn’t fail except in the event of a mass Horde recall unless Alliance players just don’t want to follow it. I’ve seen as few as two players go to Frostwolf Village when there should be 15 or more.

In Isle of Conquest, Alliance feral druids with speed pots, tiger dash, and stampeding roar can get to the Hangar flag before anyone else on either faction and cap it. It’s almost cheating how well this works out. And then the rest of the Alliance can aoe down the Horde as they funnel up the hill.

Call for everyone to defend and take only the Quarry and Refinery. Running bombs is useless, and you will lose if too many people do that instead of destroying the Horde’s vehicles. Sometimes the Horde sends everyone to the workshop at the start and then comes up the back with demos to take the Hangar. If that happens, have the rogues shroud a group around them to kill the demos and then pop heroism and wipe the Horde in a pincer attack.

In Wintergrasp, hope for defense. It’s less of a faction bias and more of a heavy defense bias. Have people shoot the flag at SR with the fortress guns and call for your own raid to stack on it without extending past it. If you get offense, you’d better hope the Horde makes a lot of mistakes. Send everyone to destroy the keep guns on the east side and then enter SR from the west entrance. Go inside the workshop to stop them from building. You can win even if you don’t get SR at the start, but it requires you to create distractions and then sneak attack them on the opposite wall…several times. I’ve been in too many games where we got the Main Entrance down to like 30% with 15 minutes left on the clock, and they were just able to turtle in their base for the rest of the game. This battleground has serious balance issues that I hope they correct sometime in the next three expansions.

In Ashran, there are a lot of ways to win. The best I’ve seen with pugs is to have everyone go to the Dark Woods at the start and pick flowers for +15% to all stats, and then ambush and wipe the Horde while they’re being aoe’d down by the Elder Darkweaver boss. Send someone into the mines to grab the solar sphere to give everyone haste.

The ogre isn’t as great as everyone seems to think he is. Skip him and go for the Ancient Inferno instead if it’s up.

When it comes time to fight the Horde mage, push them back into their base before engaging. Sneak attacks sometimes work but usually do not. He has much worse mechanics than the Alliance mage does–everyone knows this by now. You have to watch his cast bar and line of sight Combustion Nova, or you will be stunned and take a lot of damage. He casts Living Bomb on a random target, which can be a pet, and if that target is not dispelled by healers, they will explode and knock everyone off the tower.

3 Likes

im so sick of you dragonslayers who cry nonstop over losing a BG or two, or having to play like 10 arena games for something you wont ever have to do again, but the second a pvp player complains they have to run 2893523528935 mythic 15 keys to gear almost every single slot of their gear, multiple seasons in a row, the response is “stop crying”

dragonslayers have never stopped crying about a very small amount of pvp to progress their character, been happening since wotlk to my earliest recollection - funniest one was when they complained about having to win a single kotmogu and a single silvershard mines back in mop for their legendary cloak.

Horde have been mass recalling in recent games … just got out of one .

They need to close the back door to South Bandar. Ally lost this game when we used that technique to bypass the bridge