Entrance to Eternal Palace

This isn’t a story driven game, this is a MMORPG

MASSIVE MULTIPLAYER ONLINE ROLE PLAYING GAME.

Hello, with most of the activities being solo activities, being unable to group for some etc how is this related to an MMO?

Oh no…

If only there was some type of system where you could ask for help and see if someone with access to the raid can help summon or can help summon you…

Wait.
Nah, too crazy.

If it is meant to be an actual attunement you wouldn’t be ABLE to be summoned.

If it’s not meant to be an attunement you wouldn’t NEED to be summoned.

I would say either way that yes, there is a problem, for some reason you can either bypass their attunement, or it’s not an attunement and you shouldn’t have to try to bypass it.

Something is borked either way.

Quick somewhat related question- Do you have to do BOD in your war campaign to get access to the naz and mech zones? My 120 horde has no quest to go there or anything and she has never done BOD and is on that quest to kill Jaina.

No. This character still has the “defeat Rastakhan” quest in their log and I had access to the new zones just fine.

hmm I must be missing something, thank you!

1 Like

It’s a phased area “issue”. In order to access the area and flight path, you need to progress with the story.

Haven’t accessed the area? No worries, you can still get summoned into the raid.

There are two paths to get to the raid:
(1) Complete the story
(2) Be summoned inside

I finished leveling a horde character as 8.2 dropped and was able to go to the new zones straight away, without any progress in the war campaign (besides maybe unlocking all three of the Kul’Tiran zones).

1 Like

FF14 expansion pulled them away and I’m sure they weren’t the only ones.

Since the only real issue with the quest chain to access EP was the follower xp, I would have taken the 0.5 - 1 hour daily from my FF14 gameplay, keep up the WoW gameplay I would need in the near future, and then go back to FF14. Everything after the 3000xp gate can be done super fast.

Yeah that much seems pretty obvious. We can change the nouns all we want but an “issue” is still a “problem” in my book, and also every dictionary. It’s obvious that they have either done something that requires it to be this way, or botched something that has left it this way, I am wondering why that is.

I’m not saying it offends me, that it is inconveniencing me, or that it should be different.

I am wondering why it is the way it is considering no raid in recent memory has quite been like that. That’s all.

Im logged in looking now, I must have done something wrong somewhere or lost a quest-thanks for the help guys.

If you can get in through being summoned, then, uh, summon people? I dunno, seems kinda complicated.

That’s what I would love to know. Why is it this way now when it hasn’t been in a while. Also a warning would have been nice.

As Wiggly pointed out, attunements to raids were entire quest chains that required group content to complete. I still remember when I was new in BC, and my guild at the time had to bring me through the attunement to Kara step by step, just so they could gear me enough in Kara to off-tank SSC.

But with Kara you could still walk in when someone else opened the door. Also that was BC, which btw I enjoyed that questline, this is a much different game with a much different design philosophy than then.

Sounds like you can still participate in the raid.

I didn’t say anything to the contrary. You’ll notice I was responding to a person that said raids have “NEVER required quests” to enter, which isn’t true.

Well, no, because you can just get summoned into the raid…

How is it poor game design? Last I checked, you can’t solo Eternal Palace yet. Naz isn’t that big either so for 2 people to get there to start summoning won’t take long at all. Pretty sure at least 2 people in the group would have completed the quest.

Sounds like you just need to make posts for anything stupid nit picky thing you can find to blame Blizzard on. All the Blizzard bashing is getting old. Move on if you have to reach so hard to take a jab at them.