Entrance to Eternal Palace

Let’s be honest here- most players stopped after they had Jaina-N or Jaina-H or whatever on farm, maybe they came back for the awful mini raid, maybe not.

Their goal? Come back day of the new raid, jump in, since that’s what’s interesting, and that’s what they’ve been able to do for years.

Blizz sees this, says ‘hey, we can get an extra 2 weeks of sub from all these raiders if we force them to do a bunch of dailies before they can get into their raid!’. And think of all the MAUs they’ll earn if people are out there, spending hours on dailies, it’ll just prove dailies are things people like to do if we force them to do it!

Brilliant!

Let’s not compare this to previous attunements, as flawed as they may have been, that required you to do relevant quests with relevant story to them.

This is them telling raiders you need to sub when the patch drops, not when the raid drops, from now on- because we want your money and we’re sick and tired of you nasty players just trying to do the content you like while avoiding the boring, repetitive content we want to force you to do.

8 Likes

It’s some poor game design if THERE WASN’T a secret entrance into the raid through Chitterspine Caverns.

6 Likes

No, in order to raid which has NEVER required quests to enter raid…you have to quest(locked behind DAILIES), to enter said raid…this is bad design.

3 Likes

It’s not something you can help people complete, it’s a quest to gain 3k xp for your fish friends while only being able to reliably get 300 per day. So thats a flat ten day time gate if you only get the xp through dailies and do all three every day, eight or nine days if you buy some of Mrrl’s xp items on the days they’re offered.

2 Likes

It’s so easy to do the entire story. You can literally kill those 4 rares that drop an item that gives exp to all your bodyguards. I think i was done with the entire story in a little over a week. So it’s not even bad

2 Likes

That was removed.

Not entirely. There is another location in an underwater cave. (Actually, come to think of it, I forgot where it is, so I concede)

Did you read what I just said? If you came back yesterday, how are you going to get something done by yesterday that takes over a week to do? You won’t even have it done for next Tuesday’s raid.

It’s been multiple xpacs since attunements were needed, so there’s no reason for players to expect it. Blizz put this in because they need you to sub weeks before to boost their numbers, and they know there’s people like you that will gladly support them adding daily grinds to accessing raids.

It’s not a question of whether it’s bad in terms of time spent- it’s something they added in solely to force people to do the game’s most boring content, and it’s time gated for something a lot of people did not expect.

3 Likes

Are you joking? Attunements to raid were all over the place in Vanilla and TBC. This isn’t even that, seeing as you don’t have to complete it to actually enter the raid.

7 Likes

They discontinued that.

Looks like they’ve reestablished that… Oh and

/thread

4 Likes

If you came back yesterday. That’s literally your fault, you waited until the day the raid launched lol. Plus can’t you be summoned to the raid, no?

1 Like

You can’t have the pudding if you don’t eat the meat.

5 Likes

Your fault for what? Doing something you could have done for dozens of raid tiers spanning a decade? If EVERY raid had a time gated, daily WQ attunement, then yes, it would be players fault.

But why would anyone, ever, expect that being able to do a raid would suddenly be put behind a bunch of dailies. It makes no sense, it’s not expected, and it’s a pretty bad attunement period.

If they want to bring back attunements, fine- but make them be questlines. Having it be dailies makes it very clear they didn’t even want to put in the effort to try to make this xpac’s disjointed, horrible story make sense.

2 Likes

Wait until you try to do onyxia when classic comes :wink:

2 Likes

I had to unlock MC through a quest. Pretty sure this concept has been around for a long time.

3 Likes

Lol they gave people two weeks to do a quest chain that takes a week. Something tells me this isn’t a problem for a majority of raid groups.

2 Likes

I don’t know. It’s a good thing they haven’t done that.

Get summoned to the entrance by people who have actually be playing the game. Done.

4 Likes

Unless they fixed it in the last 12 hours, it no longer works.

So, 15 years ago?

And since? The point is, the expectations are different now- and the attunements back then were that- questlines relevant to the raid.

When something hasn’t been done in that long, it naturally stops being expected.

1 Like