Enslaving demons, is it wrong?

Sorry for my late reply. I was busy:

• Shooting angels.
  • Kicking Owls in the face before stabbing them to death.
  • Skinning creatures for profit.
  • Making weapons from the remnants of people’s souls.
  • Killing humanoids for bag mats.

So what were you asking me about ordering demons around?

6 Likes

We don’t use that word anymore.

They’re interns now.

2 Likes

I don’t really care about that, but I havent heard anyone really bats an eye at how we keep resummoning the same demons after they die even tho the twisting nether is gone now bc argus died

Nope, its dominating your will an on alien race to do your bidding in a fantasy world. Anything goes.

Because there’s lore and story behind it?

There’d still be discrimination and racism even if Blizz did remove “enslave demons”. Typical “video games cause violence” rhetoric. You know how much genocide we perform, on the daily, in this game? Does that mean this game “encourages” us to go out and kill people? NO! We know killing is wrong and in turn, I hope people know and realize slavery is wrong and don’t practice what they see in video games.

Nah, it’s part of the Warlock’s lore. Why do you think a select few races get to be Locks?

You know what else is wrong? SW abandoning their homeless, and only Vanessa Van Cleef (who’s portrayed as a villain) is the only one to care about it.

Or, the Horde deciding to murder an innocent town, in Stormsong. And, “witch burnings”, in Drustvar. There’s A LOT of messed up stuff in this game, but that’s why we like it.

2 Likes

To expand on this, I (mostly) play Alliance, and my favorite Alliance Races I’m willing to play are the following:

• Humans
  • Night Elves
  • Draenei
  • Worgen
  • Pandaren
  • Void Elves
  • Lightforged Draenei
  • Kul’Tiran

Only three of those races can be Locks, and I refuse to play a casting class on Worgen, so I’m limited to only two races, for Locks, via the Humans & Void Elves. The rest cannot be Locks.

I wish warlocks could enslave different demons similar to how hunters tame pets.

8 Likes

It’s not Sunday champ.

And most of those “demons” are in contracts.

Slavery is wrong, but in fiction, some people like playing evil characters for variety in story telling. (villains, dark antiheros, et, cetera,)
I see nothing wrong with it as long as it is not framed as a good thing. The demons in this game are just pixels and not actually real people.

We also have monsters as pets and mounts. So gimmie my orc mount!

1 Like

Demon=/=human

Problem solved! Look for my consultation bill in the mail.

1 Like

SW/Sentinel Hill’s lack of helping the homeless and painting Vanessa Van Cleef (the only one who cared about it) as “the villain” makes me not appreciate being forced onto a side, I don’t agree with, and these are depicted as Humans. Granted, they aren’t real people but nonetheless I hate how SW/Sentinel Hill handled the situation.

There’s some messed up stuff involving humans, in this game. Arthas going on a murder spree, in Stratholme (granted, I understand they were infected but still, harsh even Jaina was like “nah”).

As I told the other poster about the homeless humans, out in Westfall. Or the “Witch Burnings”, out in Drustvar, are all human related stories. The “witch burnings” can be viewed as kind of sexist because the whole “Witch Trials” burned so many women. Personally, I think it was just an attack on their intellect rather than them being witches. Because they didn’t conform to society’s standards of what a woman is supposed to do. And, the Drustvar involves saving a female from being burned.

But, hey, I’m all for it because we do end up saving her but still. There’s some dark messed up stories out there, in the World of WARcraft, go figure :roll_eyes:

EDIT: Oh, and the DK starting zones (at least if you pick the original races that could be DKs) having you slaughter around innocent people. Granted, we were being controlled, but they still force the players to perform these horrible acts.

Cool story! Since that has nothing to do with what I said, I’m just gonna go over here now…

It does 'cause you said:

And, there are humans, in this game, that go through messed up stuff.
Now, if you were taking this person’s stance:

I did state this, as well:

Regarding, Vanessa Van Cleef’s storyline.

Yeah, you do that :roll_eyes:

How exactly does this make them demons?

We do NOT enslave our minions. Those are contracted. The ones we can dominate are hostile and usually trying to kill us.

:roll_eyes:

Your defense is that Demons are not Humans. I told you there are Humans that go through messed up stuff, that the OP is concerned about, or (at least) similarly.

Female Humans being accused of being a “witch” 'cause she doesn’t follow the “standard” set by society. There are humans, in this game, that you claim/set the standard of when to care about something.

So, again, my response is relevant, if the standard is the characters must be human. You didn’t specify “real people”, only. As even the humans, in this game, aren’t real.

Personally, IDC about the messed up stuff happening to humans, demons, animals, etc., in a video game. It’s part of the game. I can choose to engage with the game or not. Even if I were to agree with the OP that yes, slavery is bad (human or not), I don’t think it should be removed from the game.

Now, if you want to argue, for the sake of arguing, then I’m not interested. I’ll block you, just like I block many others who insist on arguing.

It’s been awhile, since I played a Lock. I can probably name stuff from Vanilla Classic times of Locks. Like “Drain Life” and/or “Soul Drain” are pretty harsh spells to be casting at things. Then again, I think every class/race is a murderer due to how much mass genocide we perform, on a daily basis LOL

1 Like

Ugh another activists. This generation and older generations that wants to be part of this generation are like plague

Also, we’re warlocks, not mages. :smiling_imp:

1 Like