Enough is enough. Constant stuttering making this unplayable!

It happens randomly. Lately it has happened probably 85% of my gameplay. I stopped raiding mythic because of the instability. Now it’s to the point where I can’t even level through Shadowlands :weary: I have been playing for 15 years and the last expansion and now this issue persists.

What’s the issue?
The constant stuttering. I can have perfect FPS of around 30-60 at all times, then randomly it drops down to 3-10 FPS. Random areas, no matter what I do. The stuttering can last between 2 seconds til 15 seconds. And it will go back to normal for maybe 15-30 seconds and again stuttering. It’s completing random.

What have you done fix this?

• Reinstall Mac OS. I’ve tried Big Sur, Catalina and the OS before this.

• Uninstall WoW, use no adding, launch WoW without the launcher and run no background applications.

• No USB or anything attached.

• Reset PRAM & SMC

• Turn off GPU changing from Battery Settings on Mac to also using Radeon on my Advanced Settings

Proof?
Video 1 – Lag at the start, the last 2-3 seconds it goes back to normal
youtu(dot)be/OsAH24D3OhA

Video 2 – No lag start, then lag at the end
youtu(dot)be/a615ADRev1I

Video 3 – Great example of stuttering at start then goes back to normal
youtu(dot)be/iGzFqCBLIhw)

Here are my MBP 16 inch 2018 specs:
2.9 GHz 6-core Intel Core i9
32 GB 2400 Mhz DDR4
Radeon Pro Vega 20 4GB

MBP Usage & Temperature
With only WoW playing I get 137*F with a load of 21%. My RAM is 32GB and 14GB is available. Sometimes with only WoW it can go up to 5GB available. Of course we know the Intel CPU on these Macs are horrible (M1 MBP 16 inch HURRY UP!) so I’m used to the overheating.

WoW Settings & Addons?
Here are my WoW Settings & Addons
imgur(dot)com/a/MyErCZB

I don’t know what to do guys. I’m literally dying here and I really do not want to switch to Windows or use Shadow Gaming streaming just to play WoW.

Have you tried setting the report or polling rate on your mouse down? Mine was at 1000 and I was having a stuttering issue. Turned it down to 250, and no more stuttering. Mine started when I upgraded to Big Sur.

1 Like

Lately I’ve been leveling lazy in bed and using my trackpad. So the stuttering of the game as a whole has to do with my mouse you think?

OMG thank you so much for explaining this … I just upgraded to Big Sur a few hours back and it caused horrible video stuttering. Went to my Logitech G Hub and report rate was set at 1000, turned it down to 125 and it fixed it. Ty Ty

What about those without G Hub or just using a trackpad?

Heh. Apple still hasn’t fixed USB polling in macOS. This has been a thing since…well, forever. A rate of 125 (8 ms) will work for most non-hardcore gaming, but 250 (4 ms) might be stable too.

You are an angel, I have been struggling with the game for weeks after BigSur and with just one post you solved my problem!!! /tipshat

I’m still f’d :frowning:

Thanks for that. Definitely helped!

My mouse set at 3500 works find.

You’re referring to DPI. The above posters are referring to polling rate. There are no mice that poll at 3.5 KHz. That would overwhelm any of the computers buses.

Yep, you’re right. Looks like my mouse has a polling rate of 1,000, which is still significantly high enough for me to have noticed any issues with it.

Bro I’m not even referring to my mouse anymore. I just want my game to stop stuttering. What is life…