Enhancement Shaman question

I was being somewhat petulant mentioning that. But yes, it’s necessary if your going to be enhance.

Parry shouldn’t be a talent at all. Hunters, which are not even a melee class, get parry from trainers.

It’s not a big advantage. Paladins still have to pass the spell miss check, and are locked into holy, while shaman have access to various schools through shocks and totems.

1 Like

If a Holy spell gets resisted, it’s either the base miss chance, as you said, or the “universal resistance” because it is a higher level mob.

This covers stuff like Exorcism, Consecration, and Holy Shock.

From what I can see/tell/etc, the “goes along with” abilities like SoR, Holy Shield, and Ret Aura, are triggered abilities and cannot be resisted if the triggering mechanism happens. I reserve the right to be wrong here.

Mob armor matters as well. Against high-armor targets (like earth elementals), FT tends to pull ahead; against low-armor targets (like casters), RB tends to pull ahead.

Speaking of the staves. Theres a really good one in Undead strat for enhance

For shamans, dual wield is a burning crusade talent, so it will not happen in classic. You’ll have to wait until burning crusade. Here, you will only use a 1h/shield, or 2h. I will add that if you want to raid as enhancement, you better fund a nightfall, or you’ll be hard pressed convincing a guild to give you a slot. (also orc is best for swinging it, since it’s an axe)

I have a feeling we will see Spellhance more than the worst of the Nightfall swingers.

Spellhance with MCPs.

While leveling, generally speaking, whichever one you have a newer rank of is better.

In 1.12 many spells actually scale with level until 2 levels before the next rank can be learned. Including shaman weapon Imbues, so newer rank is a marginal difference.

The weapon imbues have been tested on beta and Rockbiter will usually pull ahead. The 2 reasons are that Rockbiter scales the best with talents while leveling and Rockbiter hits must only pass 1 hit check against an enemy while all other imbues must pass 2 hit checks (weapon must hit, then proc must hit).

Weapon speed also will never mater unless you have a significant amount of spell damage gear, and weapon damage only matters for windfury, so your weapon choice is largely insignificant to your imbue choice as well while leveling

3 Likes

Did this actually happen in 1.12, or is this a beta bug?

(I knew it was happening in beta, I reported it as a bug because I do not remember that being a mechanic at any point in Vanilla).

Enhance is bad anyway.

Doesn’t get good till BC but even then ele is still better in classic and BC.

Abilities level scaling is mentioned specifically in the pally rework of 1.9, so it is unlikely a bug, but a feature that blizz had started working in/expanding mid vanilla. I don’t think all spells are doing it in beta so I don’t know if specific spells scaling/not scaling are bugs

Fair enough. We’ll have to wait till release to find out if the imbues are scaling/are supposed to scale, I guess.

DW was in the pre-patch of TBC. I lived it, I was a whirlwind with two flurry axes (axe version of thrashblade) and I did it in the month before TBC launched.

1 Like

if you want to do enh probably get nightfall

Sucks shaman cant DW in classic

1 Like