Enhancement Shaman Feedback (Stormbringer)

I’ve tested the full rotation for Enhancement Shamans using the current meta build in Wowhead and I can gladly say this is the best I’ve ever seen the spec in the entirety of WoW, well done! :heart:

There’s only a few minimal things I’d like to say as feedback, so I’m listing them below:

1. Currently, Ice Strike works as an empowered version of Frost Shock, but both the animation and spell effects make it seem like you’re casting a weaker version of Frost Shock. It’s very nice to have it ranged, I just believe it needs a bit more love to make it look like it’s stronger;
  2. Now that Sundering can have it’s incapacitate effect removed, pressing the button feels like you’re slowing down your rotation. I firmly believe Sundering should have some interaction with Maelstrom Charges, either generating or spending them, or even buffing another spell cast (maybe shorter, AoE versions of Lightning Rod). I’ve had the spell reset many times but I never felt compelled to press it while I could keep my Maelstrom charges rolling to cast Tempest (my new favorite spell!);
  3. Feral Spirits being passive is GREAT, but it doesn’t feel like it will be competitive with the other choice node. Instead of generating wolves by chance, I believe they should be generated the same way that Tempest procs: by gaining Maelstrom Charges (that’s how Feral Spirits is intended to be reset on the current design), it feels weird not having two wolves around from time to time.

Here’s my build import string, for reference:
CcQANXGZDQwOvDUvh6kqMdbQ5NzAMzDMzMzMmBLzMbbzMDAAAAAAAAAgFAWMjhNyCMjGawCAmlJDjZhxMGjZmZhxMzkFWGLjZGAgZG

That’s it! Thank you devs

I agree with the new Feral Spirit node. It feels…underwhelmed. Its nice not have to hit the button along with the totem button, but it also feels like you will get a few wolves, then you get nothing. For a while. Then you get 3 wolves popping out back to back.

All of my testing so far has shown it to be a dps loss. I think the frequency needs to be increased. Otherwise, that will be a choice node that will never be used.