Enhancement good for solo player?

Someone that just does WQ’s, Covenant quests, CoD quest line, Torghast, Korthia, Mog/mount farming (Legion Mythic mostly) and stuff like that.

No pvp, raiding or m+. Is Enhancement a good choice. Deciding on Feral, Rogue (any spec) or Enhancement.

Yes. Enhance is fun, has jazzy graphics, and has good solo ability with earth ele to tank, strong instant self-heals and earth shield for self-sustain, and group control tools like cap totem and earthbind to escape groups of enemies when things go wrong.

Enhance damage is also mostly immediate rather than over time so it’s not wasted on low health mobs that don’t last long enough for DOTs.

Feral and rogue are a bit more hit and run. Enhance is more of a bruiser.

1 Like

fair, yup.

unrequested caveat → it’s tougher though if you want to get competitive in raid. learn tricks, time things, make specific lego and talent choices, and so on. warrior by rough comparison is or seems like an easier path upwards, better scaling, like just keep doing what you were doing before only with more gear ilvl.

but that’s no reason not to play shaman if you want to enjoy that class, I did so for years and years, it’s more fun than warrior, even if it is a little tougher to make go in competitive stuff

EDIT: should say, a lot tougher many times

1 Like

Enh is amazing for solo play! You have tools to deal with almost anything. Earth elemental for tanking if you pull too much or you want to solo an elite. Healing surge with maelstrom is excellent, especially when you get the conduit for it. Plus, you can lust if things get hairy.

The spell animations are the best of any class in the game. It is a fast paced spec with a lot of abilities so it feels engaging even when doing repetitive content.

One piece of advice: if you are just playing solo, ignore advice on best leggo and go with Frost Witch. For the most part, the ability to reset Stormstrike quickly while moving between mobs trumps having bigger dps cooldown while playing solo.

2 Likes

Thank you. That is some good advice. I actually did the trial that let you play a level 48 for a while and it was very bizarre. The rotation just felt weird as it seems a lot of it is unloaded at the beginning. But as a level 48 I burst over 2000 DPS which was more than any other class that I tried, so that was pretty impressive.

Is there a lot of auto attack time where I am not pressing buttons while in combat? Just seems like there might be a lot of time waiting for cool downs and not having anything to cast. Or is that wrong?

So, the rotation is pretty front-heavy. This is especially irritating while raiding because it takes a while to ramp up to where you’re actually doing DPS, but while you’re soloing you don’t have to do everything (like, you don’t have to drop windfury every pack).

There can be some downtime in the rotation. When soloing, I usually run with the Earthen Spike talent to give me an extra button to push. And once you get Frost Witch, it basically eliminates downtime because of the stormstrike resets.

OK, that all makes a lot of sense. Really appreciate your input. One last question, covenant and soul bond for this type of play? Remember, no raiding, PVP or mythic. All solo content. What do you recommend?

Venthyr for enh solo.

1 Like

Ty. And Soulbind?

Nadja

Best DPS and also gives an AOE disorient

Particularly good for solo stuff because every kill gives 4 stacks of her signature trait.

I enjoy running Night Fae solo, in which case, you’d take Niya. (Venthyr is also a really good choice, as Corbendallas says) Buuut, since your soloing, your choice isn’t going to impact anyone else. All the more reason to play whatever appeals to you!

I will say go with what makes the spec fun for you.

1 Like