Enhancement Changes

Shaman

Enhancement
Developers’ notes: There are a few talents that are leading to fast kills that can feel unfair when facing an Enhancement Shaman. We’re aiming to bring down the burst potential from cooldowns and increase sustained DPS.
Forceful Winds is now 75% effective in PvP Combat.
The damage increase to Lava Lash from Ashen Catalyst is now 33% effective in PvP combat.
Lava Lash now deals 35% increased damage in PvP combat (was 15%).
The Physical damage increase from Feral Spirit is now 33% effective in PvP combat.
The Fire, Frost, and Lightning damage increase from Elemental Spirits is now 50% effective in PvP combat.
Stormstrike now deals 75% increased damage in PvP combat (was 50%).
Windstrike now deals 75% increased damage in PvP combat (was 50%).

Thoughts?

1 Like

It doesn’t feel like the increase to sustained DMG properly balances the brought down burst potential for Elemental build.

There are a few talents that are leading to fast kills that can feel unfair when facing an Enhancement Shaman

Bruh…

1 Like

I will say I like how its just pvp changes not PVE. But I think it is trash imo

1 Like

Doesn’t seem like that for physical build either.

Stormstrike goes from 150% to 175%. So a 16% increase.

Meanwhile, wolves - which are constantly up due to CDR, go from providing a 30% physical damage buff to a 10% physical damage buff and FFW goes to 75% effective.

Setting FFW aside since I’m not sure what the math is on that, a 16% buff to SS, doesn’t seem close to compensating for a 20% reduction to all physical damage from wolves (which includes WF, auto attacks, wolf auto attacks, sundering, as well as stormstrike).

Wonder if that means it will be better to go 1 point wolves and 2 points frost witch instead of vice versa.

Thoughts on how this impacts the strength of the elemental and ascendance builds in PvP?

The wolves nerfs are concerning to me. I don’t know if the stormstrike buff will be large enough to compensate for it.

I feel like giving us back heals on our wolves could be a good way to compensate for the wolves and astral guidance nerfs in one stone.

1 Like

20% less physical damage from wolves vs 16% more stormstrike damage seems like a significant DPS nerf. FFW also going to 75% effectiveness.

Doesn’t seem like the SS buff is intended to fully compensate.

1 Like

Yeah it seems liking they are nerfing our sustained as well, which this nerf is meant to nerf our one shot capabilities.

Buff Stormflurry to deal full Stormstrike damage.

1 Like