Enhance OOM in PvP

Is there anything that gives enhance mana regen? I’m sick of losing fight because I OOm, especially to a WW monk that heals off of energy…

2 Likes

Nope.

Once we oom it’s game over. It’s why we have to run arenas with a healer.

That is some piss poor design right there…

Yes. Blizz say they don’t want us to be off healers, because our heals are apparently really strong… lol

So in order to keep our heals this powerful, they have to use all our mana, which doesn’t regen, because our dps abilities use mana too, and generally speaking more so than we passively regen.

Try going in to torghast with 150% haste with lust, you’ll oom just hitting windstrike. It’s broken, but they don’t seem to like us, so we just deal with it.

Meanwhile pallys and monks get to run wild!

1 Like

Its been a problem since beta. Blizzard simply does not care.

Even after good feedback like this…
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/enh-shaman-must-have-a-mana-regen-in-sl/627385

2 Likes

tbh enhance healing is fine and mana is fine. play defensively after you pump out your mana until you can regenerate.

can’t link things but i have a 5m match playing with a lock vs bajheera + resto druid in 2s, and winning. i outhealed his druid.

play smart and carefully. we don’t need a buff; ret/prot healing needs to be brought down.

Sure. You can do this. Sometimes. I’ve won after 5 minutes and done 50% of the healing that my holy paladin did (ES is decent).

But if you’re oom’ing it’s because you’re spamming heal. Which means you’re taking a lot of damage, which means you’re probably getting cc’d or are out or range/los of your healer (or he’s dead) or you can’t get away from your attacker.

So your solution does not work. If you oom, it’s highly likely that you need your healer to save you, or you need to kill your attacker before you die.

The problem with that is that if you oom you can’t do any damage, what little you can achieve either ensures you stay oom and can’t heal, or is passively out healed until you die.

This doesn’t happen often, at lower ratings at least, but it does happen. We don’t need a big change, we just need to not be dead in the water after 3 or 4 heals.

1 Like
  1. if you are taking a lot of damage without any mitigation, this is your fault or your team’s fault

2. if your healer is dead, you lose

3. if you can’t get away from your attacker, you misused your mobility or your team is at fault.

this isn’t a 1v1 game. i see a LOT of balance complaints about “but i can’t do everything by myself!” and your team NEEDS to peel for you, help you, etc. this is the case with every class. the only thing enh really needs is to be able to wall while stunned.

3 Likes

enhance has to manage mana and coordinate with their healers. running and avoiding damage instead of tanking the damage saves you and your healer’s mana.

The reason is to prevent enhance from being a powerful off-healer, which ironically doesn’t seem to bother them about any spec of paladin.

What they could do is overhaul the maelstrom weapon system:

• lower the baseline healing of healing surge back to what it was before shadowlands so it cannot be used as a mega off-heal
  • Maelstrom Weapon Stacks now only increase the damage of lightning bolt and chain lightning, and the cast time and mana cost of lb, cl, and healing surge. There is no longer a spellpower buff attached to Maelstrom Weapons for healing.
  • NEW When the shaman gains a stack of maelstrom weapons, they gain a personal buff called “Eye of the Storm”. Eye of the Storm increases the healing of the shaman’s healing surge on them by X% (Whatever the co-efficient is needed to bring healing back up to what it is now).

What this would do is a few things:

• Shaman have no mana issues but using heals to off-heal are incredibly weak
  • Shaman heals are now only strong when used as the self-defensive they are meant to be, while also ensuring Enhance can continue this sustain with melee uptime rather than 3 heals and dead — isolating the bonus healing portion to a buff that can only be consumed by the shaman itself solves any issues of Enhance becoming an infinite mana off-healer.

But then again, Blizzard struggled with adding an additional 5 stacks to the maelstrom system for about 2 months…so do you really expect them to try and overhaul the system to something like this to actually fix the issue while not ruining the playstyle?

Purge costing 10% mana per buff seems kind of high to me give how numerous buffs are these days. Even mages have triple shield + arcane intellect to deal with to purge off combust.

Purge mana cost is my biggest issue. I feel like purge can be a trap given how high the cost is and how long it takes to regen mana in combat.

1 Like

Would the Mana cost warrant going back to purge removing 2 buffs? They have tried this in the past and it is never met well.

I think mana cost lowered is better. The GCD cost per buff is fair.

Shouldn’t be too east to counter combust/dark soul/PI, etc

1 Like

I don’t think that blizzard doesn’t care. But we shouldn’t have every class just be able to do everything and right now pallys and monks get to run around going nuts.

I do wish our mana lasted a bit longer, maybe even defensive totem we could drop that lowers our offensive output for a mana regen and defense boost so we can rotate styles would be fun. The thing with shaman is if blizzard stuck it to a totem they could make us do anything and it could be thematic

This is exactly it. Purge costs way too much for how many purgable buffs there are. If they want to keep the cost high, then let it remove all purgable buffs. That’s so rediculous I know. But hey mages can do it with klepto, they have our lust, give us their klepto.

If they don’t want to buff out Mana regen, I get the argument against infinite healing, then lower the cost of purge. Also, while you’re at it, lower the cost of Lava Lash and Crash Lightning. Why are my longest CDs rotational wise costing the most Mana and do the least damage? For WF procs? Seriously it doesn’t make sense.

I understand ooming so I can’t heal but I can’t do damage either. So I’m just kiting and running around doing nothing letting them beat on me until I get enough Mana to hit Lava Lash that’s roughly 4% of my overall damage.

Cool.

Yea I dont know why Shamnistic Rage hasn’t been brought back.

my suggestion would be to make healing cost maelstrom stacks, not mana, unless you heal using no stacks… it wouldn’t be any different from paladin’s word of glory healing then. each stack could be 1/5 the mana cost reduction or make it only at 5 stacks if the first is too complex to put into effect.

Meanwhile, Paladins…