Enhance…how does it feel?

So I realize that sometimes when you are just trying out a class, you can’t tell how it actually plays or flows “in the real world” (mainly concerned with raiding).

So enhance players, how does it feel? Is there a rhythm that you settle into? Is the rotation pleasing? Or is it as hectic as it feels to me at freshly swapping to enhance on an ilvl 190 alt?

Shocks feel tacked-on without hailstorm, but Lava Lash and Stormstrike both feel nice, and Lightning Bolt acts as a charged-up filler for when you’re out of strikes. All-in-all, enhancement needs some work in single target to feel good, and I really hope we get there eventually.

It flows very nicely in AoE/cleave, because your abilities are designed to be used in pseudo-sequence.

Crash Lightning buffs Stormstrike, which charges Chain Lightning, which reduces the cooldown of Crash Lightning, and so on.

2 Likes

Honestly, Enhance FEELS pretty great for its base and ability usage. I find the rotation/priority very pleasing. If you like managing a priority and reacting to procs rather than a rotation, it’s really nice. Its output is a completely different story and that’s pretty clear just looking at warcraftlogs.

It’s not particularly bursty, its offensive cooldowns are lackluster, and the RNG from not getting procs (mainly Hot Hands in raid) or getting the wrong buff from Elemental Spirits can feel bad and punishing.

Playing Enhance is fun, but the feel of its playstyle is pretty much the only thing it has going for it when you compare it to other classes/specs.

5 Likes

I love it in aoe for mythic plus, hate it for single target raid bosses.

1 Like

Similar to what Somagore said, enh feels great. Seriously, any other class I alt feels like it’s missing a certain je ne sais quoi. When the procs don’t proc, it’s frustrating, and distressing to watch your already mediocre dps take a dive, but when the procs proc, it’s like the face of god himself is smiling on you.

I think enh has some of the best spell animations and sounds in the game, and (aside from those irritating lulls in single target), it always feels like I can do something

2 Likes

Yeah - good to hear … I appreciate the feedback.

I hate enh shaman. The most boring spec in the whole game. The real burst only 3 mins and untill then run, suffer, heal, wait untill something proc (literally you can just sit and stair). I do not for me it feels sooooo boring I can’t switch to this abomination after playing elem just can’t. I read the up top posts and I do not agree with people. I’m playing shaman for very long time and nothing feels as bad as playing enh. Garbage class poor on dmg, problems with mana, and very ez to outplay in arena

1 Like

One supppppper annoying thing though is even though we use maelstrom weapons, healing costs mana.

If you cast like 3-4 healing surges you can go oom, which also locks you out of casting your melee spells. MW should also reduce mana cost per stack cause thats a real feeels bad moment.

1 Like

Needs a numbers buff.

Yeah I dunno - the rotation just feels so hectic.

Don’t get me wrong - there can be a flow to it - but then you add in the talents and legendaries and it just feels like an absolute mess to me. Not sure I can get used to this abomination that enh has become.

Once you learn what procs take priority, it’ll feel slow and boring without the procs. Enhance is one of the higher APM specs in the game and it feels good (for those that enjoy that style).

Few rounds on a target dummy and a few dungeon runs and it’ll start to slip into place.

2 Likes

It will not

I think with all basic talents and not the doomwinds legendary, I’m getting used to it. But then if when I add in some of the ‘proper’ talents and doomwinds (this legendary is so fun)…I just get lost again.

I do agree wholeheartedly with the OOM from healing thing. If I’m spending my MW stacks on healing myself (I’m mainly just running Torghast to get my legendary) – it feels so weird to OOM. The self-healing gives up a lot of damage, but then to run out of it, just feels off.

1 Like

Current enhance takes some getting used to. Addons can help to track CDs, so setting up something like weak auras or tell me when can help alot to organize and keep track of things.

Once you adjust, I think it plays really well and am enjoying this version of enhance alot. It’s not perfect and there are things like minor downtime in single target but that also provides opportunities to utilize the rest of the kit w/o degrading your DPS.

Mana management is another thing to get used to, but once you adjust I think it’s an interesting part of the skillcap to manage your mana. I just wish more DPS specs had to worry about resource management as much as enhance does.

2 Likes

Enhancement shaman is quite arguably the best visual graphical melee character in the game. Of course, that does not equate to its performance but if you are a gamer who is not trying to be the top 5 shamans in the world or pushing 20+ level mythic regularly you can play whichever style of play you want.

The smooth rotation comes in time once you adapt to your talents/legendaries chosen. At first, you will feel like it’s clunky but it will smooth out. I chose to play a style that’s fun for me so that when I log in it’s just that…fun!

I can log in any day and do mythic dungeons all day and never feel like I do not like enhancement shaman (It is my main over my arcane mage and fury warrior). Maybe in 9.2 when we can double legendary and not have to do raids to get gear it will make things better overall.

Here is an example Mythic Dungeon video of choosing what is fun for you and making it happen. You might not be top damage but you will be consistent damage.

1 Like

I think enh shaman sucks in pve, but in war mode it actually feels complete. The chain lightning when storm striking, 50% healing surge 3 sec later, and the 1 min 10 sec bloodlust is awesome.

In pvp when you add those with windfury legendary and blood harvest cov ability enh shaman feels amazing.

It’s been a few expansions since I haven’t felt like a paper bag in pvp. Unfortunately, I have a feeling next expansion will feel crappy again so for now I’ll enjoy it the best I can.