Engineering Should be a Secondary Profession

Title. Engineering has never had the same mainstream crafting or commerce functionality as any of the other primary professions. Engineering’s strengths have always lied in its utility items, gadgets, and gameplay aids. With DF they tried to make engineering relevant in the new profession system by adding crafted braces, but the profession still couldn’t compete in the market. If Blizzard is never going to make Engineering truly Primary, then just make it an official Secondary profession so everyone can use it on all of their characters as a utility profession alongside cooking, fishing, & archaeology.

Engineering’s perks lies in such tools as wormhole generators, unique gadgets, mounts, & transmogs. It’s relevance to primary gameplay isn’t any more sophisticated than archaeology or the other secondaries. So just call it what it always has been, a secondary profession. Let’s stop gating people from having the functionality of two real primary crafting or gathering professions by removing the choice between full crafting competence or convenience tools/utility.

Make engineering secondary.

Compete in the market? Before DF, engineers pretty much competed with themselves, only customers were other engineers that did not want to farm. For the first time, my engineers made gold. Does it compete with a printing machine that is JC? Sure no! But it sure produce more gold this exp than any other! Do not bring in the mounts in this, complete other can of worms.

My engineering alts are siting on 100k gold each at the moment that is self-generated! Peoples, that are not engineers, bought there stuff! That is quite the jump uh? And there are far better goblins than me at this.

Only thing IMO that would change engineering to greatness is the not being able to use bombs in instances. I guess it brings in a balance problem the devs do not want to touch, but it is far more what limits engineering than anything.