Engineer’s Workshop: Designing the WoW Companion App

It’s pretty easy to ignore that it exists. I’ve never used the app. I still seem to have plenty to do in the game.

That’s good that it handles BFA and Legion… but why not WoD too?

3 Likes

Why? Its easy to whip out at work and start some missions. More gold, more resources, more rep. No reason not to do it.

2 Likes

any chance for a PC client of the app… there are days id like to only do follower missions, while playing other games. be interesting / nice to be able to send them out without having to log Into the game completely , and continue to have to swap toons. the app on the Phone is nice when in out and about though! so thank you for creating “old” Expansion support!

Any chance for the WoD mission table to be included in this as well? Seems a shame to not include the first and most intricate mission table.

3 Likes

This is nice to finally see. Thank you!

But as others have said, why is WoD not included? It was on the phone as well (but may have been on the old version of the app) and people still do the garrison missions too. If possible, can this be added as well, please?

1 Like

Gnomes? I don’t trust it.

Who asked?

Why does a mobile app get two developer diaries and real content doesn’t even get patch notes.

2 Likes

Old app was looking like spaghetti, now it looks like ravioli.

2 Likes

Any chance to update it in the future for Garrisons? I know it’d be a lot of work but they’re by far the most useful old mission tables still available. They drop heirlooms, raid gear, work orders for buildings, pets, etc.

And I mimic an above person. Please let us hide characters. I don’t like having to scroll through 23 characters.

3 Likes

This is basically all I ever used it for - getting a little gold on break (if it would load in time…) - maybe a little rep or something.

Do I miss it dearly? No, but it was kinda nice I suppose - if they insist on keeping the stupid mission tables, I may as well be able to use them wherever.

Great article. I love the behind the scenes look into the development process. Keep articles like this coming!

Not at this time.

3 Likes

Oh great. Does an improved app mean I can finally access the chat logs? I haven’t been able to view guild or community chat in the app for at least a year now.

But maybe later, yes?! :pray:

1 Like

Bring back the Auction House!

1 Like

Awesome! Glad to see this got updated to support more expansions in the past and going into the future. I always found it weird that the app was designed around Legion specifically and not WoW as a whole. Glad to see my sentiments were realized by the team too.

1 Like

I’d like WoD added to the app update. I still go back to get things I didn’t get when it was current. There’s a couple toys I don’t have that appear on the tables.

1 Like

Yes please!

And Pet Battles. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like