Endless loop of update/scan/repair/update

I opened my battle.net today and for some reason every single one of my games has an update button, rather than a play button… which I thought was odd nevertheless I chose to update one of them. Now I am stuck on an endless loop of update/scan/repair… I have uninstalled Battle.net and all of my battle.net game files and reinstalled literally everything to try to fix this. Took multiple hours… still has not worked. Anytime I open battle.net, even after I have uninstalled everything it automatically starts a scan that begins this cycle over and over again. Even though there is no game files it begins an update/scan and repair cycle… I think it is attached to my account because I see no other way of this happening. I have read other forum posts from GMs saying this happens when the hard drive that Battle.net is on is corrupted - but I can assure you, out of 100% certainty that is not the case here.

this also just happened to me today but uninstalling and reinstalling wow seems to have worked

I don’t know what good it does to say anything here but I need to vent!
For the last three days I have experienced a loop in Battle.net scanning files.
That means I have not been able to play for the last three days. To do the things WoW suggests to fix the problem of continuius looping of repairs in battle.net needs battle.net to uninstall and reinstall is a joke! Anyone have a remedy for this?

Hey Illydone,

If you haven’t already you may want to try running the scandisk and defrag (or optimize if it’s an SSD) to check the drive the games are installed on.

If you have multiple drives, we usually recommend having Battle.net installed on the C: drive and then make a separate folder for the game installs on the secondary drive.

If the drive is a different file format other than NTFS this can cause game files to corrupt and break over time. If you’re not sure, feel free to post your DXDIAG and we can take a look. Just let us know what drive letter the game is installed on.

DXDIAG

1. Press Windows Key + R.
  2. In the Run window type dxdiag and press Enter.
  3. In the DirectX window, click Save All Information.
  4. Name the file “dxdiag” and save it to your Desktop. Open the new dxdiag file with Notepad.
  5. In the posting section hit the </> button for “Preformatted text” then paste (Ctrl+V) the DXDIAG contents. That’ll make the information much more readable.

If you are unable to post this due to the length of the DXDIAG, please feel free to use pastebin.com and share the direct link with us instead. Use the </> button as well in order to share the link.

I’m having the same issue, the work around is to launch the battle.net client as an administrator, but then every couple hours the update loop start again. This only seem to affect the TBC client for me, I haven’t had any issues with SoM or shadowlands

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.