End the war on solo gameplay in WoW

Unless all these other players specifically told you why they left, that’s just a guess.

A guess that feels like you were working backwards, looking for a cause of an effect that would support your position.

2 Likes

If it was one specific event it would’ve been addressed by now.

It’s the philosophical shift towards E-sports and Raiding > Everything else that is slowly draining this game by death by a thousand cuts.

1 Like

Raid or die in terms of gear is less true now than it was in wrath, when the game was at it’s peak in terms of subs. The best gear you could get outside of raid/rated pvp was 232s, and those were thought to be good, while ‘high end raiders’ were getting 277s from ICC 25 heroic.

I’d argue that false since Blizzard is trying to advertise streamers as something like NFL stars.

Doesn’t translate.

1 Like

If we’re talking HOF/RWF caliber, then it should be understood that the game absolutely should not be designed around them. Obviously I’m not advocating making their gameplay experience worse for the sake of making it worse, but saying “We can’t have this cool feature exist in the game because it makes RWF guilds have to grind a bit more” is just a terrible take.

In any case, this thread is just a bunch of people arguing in circles.

“Solo players don’t raid, so they can’t have gear. They don’t want to work harder for gear, they just want it mailed to them.”

vs

“We can’t even allow solo players to have a path to work for gear. That will make raiders have to work harder for gear.”

If you don’t want to do the content…

…wasn’t that the line?

1 Like

Lol, I don’t think they know how…

This is the handout crowd… :expressionless:

None worth mentioning probably.

As a company, why wouldn’t you embrace people streaming your game and try to use them for free advertising?

Follow the logical consequences of that statement. Almost every CE guild has a roster of more than 20 players. As a raid leader, you bring the comp to prog that has the best chance of killing the boss. Take 2 players, all else being equal, but one of them likes the content for this new source of power, and the other doesn’t. If one player doesn’t do this simply because they don’t like it, do you think they would get the raid spot?

Cause I could find better ways to engage the community than in abject or disconnected ways.

Plus I’d be less likely to get tied up in lawsuits.

Or you could use the free advertising from said content creators to cut the advertising budget, and increase the development budget.

Of course not, but let me ask then:

Should content not exist because two people in Jimmy’s roster might not like it? Maybe if that kind of a thing is a deal breaker for those two, they should go join a more chill guild. Otherwise, again as solo players are often told:

If you don’t want to do the content…

With the funds from Diablo immortal money wouldn’t be an issue for me.

Since my goal would be to make a fun game.

Not cut costs at every turn to increase profits at all costs.

I’m not saying that world content shouldn’t exist. I’m arguing that over-tuning the rewards takes away from the potential fun aspect of world content by making it feel mandatory for performance oriented players.

1 Like

But one thing they don’t seem to get is, for those that want to do solo content, the “chores” are the group content activities.

It just seems like a few of them don’t want solo players to have fun, but instead want them to suffer through what they consider chores, like the performance oriented players do in world content.

There is also an idea that would gate the higher levels of gear behind something that might not even be lifted till the performance oriented ones are in raid/M+ gear, so the early progression argument falls flat, as does the 'take away" one, unless what is being taken away is a feeling of superiority.

I don’t see that happening with a valor cap

The thing is, If you’re struggeling to quest in ZM at 246-252, gear isn’t what’s gating you. All the world content that currently exists can be done at very low ilvls, and in fact world content is the only content that will scale down to you if your ilvl is really low.

Somebody seems to think he’s getting paid by the post. Or maybe he is.

In any case, the war on solo gameplay will continue until Blizzard decides they have entirely defeated that segment of the playerbase. Their boi capslok will celebrate the reduction of the playerbase to a tiny fraction of the right players. And then wonder why there is no new content, because surely those people would subscribe just to give Blizzard an MAU and $15 toward the content capslok deserves. But no one else deserves content.

Or maybe, just maybe, Phil Spencer was serious when he said that he wanted to see more people playing wow. And maybe, just maybe, the fact that since that time Blizzard has accelerated changes that were intended to disaffect and drive away casuals and solo players, resulting in a dramatic decrease in players, might mean a bad faith attempt on Blizzard’s part to go against his suggestions.

2 Likes

Part of me is hoping for major reforms when Microsoft gets to weigh in.

3 Likes

Only part?

1 Like

Errr well uh having been previously invested in Warhammer Online, when bigger entities get involved things usually go paired shaped fairly quickly.

Then again Retail is already down in the dumps from my perspective so I fail to see how it could get much worse with a fresh perspective on the game.

No it doesnt. Dragon flight is adding a lot of solo content for both PVE and PVP solo players. Even a RATED solo PvP mode so solo pvpers can gear out called RATED solo shuffle

With that said, at the end of the day wow is an MMORPG. Not an RPG. MMOs are NOT designed to be solo games. If you want a 100% solo game xbox and playstation have a long list of them. Wow just isnt it I afraid.