End the war on solo gameplay in WoW

He also posts about keeping hard content out of solo player’s hands, can’t sell carries if one has to do the content solo.

3 Likes

Maybe Snozh should complain to Blizzard about the extreme costs of matts etc for mythic raiding instead of leeching off other players to pay for it.

3 Likes

I mean

-gestures vaguely at Proving Grounds, Visions and and the Mage Tower-

One of which he said was a joke, and another was complained about relentlessly.

I agree with everything the OP said. Thank you for speaking up because we both know the majority of the player base does not even read or come on this forum.

2 Likes

So, my read on what snozh wants is for mythic raiders to not feel forced to engage with solo content.

What some of the pro solo players don’t seem to get is that their content isn’t relevant to mythic raiders, until its rewards are buffed to the point that it is. He doesn’t want a repeat of the Benthic gear in Eternal Palace.

1 Like

An easy fix for that would have been the bonuses deactivated/reduced in raid. It would have still been enough to get into the raid, but any drops from within, of either similar or better ilvl, would have still been better. The other fix would have been to have certain drops in raid have the same bonus as Benthic gear,

Hmm my read is he wants to keep that sweet sweet carry gravy coming.

Wrong. I was a raider back in WotlK, it was actually my last expansion as a serious raider.

As I said. Ppl from that time that still play are now casuals.
New players have absolutely no reason to play WoW, they have better options out there, most of the ppl who still play this game are the franchise fans, old dogs like myself, 35-40+ if I had to guess.

Thats so wrong I will just not reply, at this point ppl should be more aware of what is going on around them.

What is wrong with ppl like you? Dude put something inside your special head, if there isnt players to make the dev time worth it this game would be gonne. THERE IS NO SUCH A THING LIKE CHOSING CONTENT WITH A LIMIT BUDGET IN THIS COMPANY.
You are one of those ppl who actually belive in Ion when he says player housing would cost raid tiers right? Guess what?! Since WoD they are cutting stories and raid tiers FOR NO REASON OTHER THEM TRYING TO FIX SYSTEMS THEY CREATED AND FAILED, there isnt a money issue.
Do you also belive they could not fix primary bag space or the universe would colapse right?!
Get your facts togeder.

3 Likes

There isn’t any gatekeeping in this game.

The only thing stopping people is themselves.

Everyone has the same accessibility. If they choose to take the easy way that’s not my fault.

There will always be sellers to make gold off of lazy people.

Not at all. It’s called trying to not have game devs change the primary endgame to cater to the extreme minority.

So you have zero experience on the difficulty of current raiding.

It’s actually not wrong at all. How many tokens have you bought this expansion?

Nothing.

So your solution is to add more useless content?:man_facepalming:t3:

Nope. I just think player housing is stupid. If you want player housing to play games that offer it not demand a game that doesn’t to do it.

Let me know when you get back to reality.

You mean the “There is no content for you because we replaced your content with jumping puzzles and removed all rewards, but you should continue to pay to fund development of our content” people?

4 Likes

No, I mean the “we want solo/world content nerfed to the ground so we can AFK most of it and get high rewards” people.

If you don’t do dungeons, raids, or pvp what are you doing exactly? I’m sincerely asking since I’m not really doing endgame this expansion and I did all the quests. What’s left to do? What do you want to do? How do you want things to change?

A lot of the ideas put forth were along the lines of Torghast providing gear, and rewards, for people to chase after either solo or in group, even if the gear from torghast was really only useful for Torghast.

At most, all people want is not to hit that wall after questing. A wall that we can get a rope to climb over via group content, but might want to break through it via solo content.

1 Like

My read, if it’s who I think it is, is that he takes videogames way to seriously. Dude lives in these kind of threads :rofl:

5 Likes

That’s honestly just more content to consume that will have it’s own end point or be tedious at the end. I guess there is a target audience for it but that doesn’t really sound so appealing to me.

The scary part about this thread and one like it is that the OP’s line of thought is running rampant over on the community council page.

There are a lot of threads over there calling for what boils down to-

Mythic raid gear for doing world quests. Blizzard doesn’t need to listen to these people. Ion did a disservice to the players by saying that a “silent majority” was being underserved.

He should have told people that catch up gear is there to get you to endgame. He should have told people that catch up gear isn’t end game.

The thing is, “end game” is missing for a part of the player base, solo players. I don’t think WQs (outside of world bosses) should drop any higher then base normal gear.

Once we get the catch up gear, we can split off and go into raid, M+, or PvP, yet nothing for those players that would like to take their gear into solo content made for them and push as far as they can, maybe getting gear to push even further in.

Think of it like some might be happy with a solo version of the raid, or M+ or a gauntlet of bosses from both.

What is scary to me is the insistence that only WQs are solo content, when a better view would be “WQs are solo content but not all solo content is WQs”

I’m sorry, this isn’t WoW. It never has been, and it never should be. If they begin implementing systems like this, then several game breaking things will follow.

Balancing issues and invalidating raid difficulties via rewards obtainable via means outside of traditional endgame content.

I don’t understand it. I think that this thread and ones like them are intellectually dishonest. The best gear comes from the hardest content that is done in groups. When I read threads like this, the unsaid sentiment is just below the surface.
It stems from a desire to have gear rewards that are typically found in competitive environments to then be used in non competitive environments.

WoW has followed this formula since inception and has been very successful in doing so. This idea is as doomed and as terrible as player housing. These things aren’t WoW and they shouldn’t be implemented.