End the war on solo gameplay in WoW

Never said it was.

Try reading it again.

And those people need a reality check.

At most that took full clear, 0 mask. The Masks did things like cut samity in 1/2, spawned void zones behind you as you walked, increased sanity damage from creatures by 400%. unlocked additional. madness and summoned adds when below 50% sanity. If you can tell me dealing with all of those was easy for the average player, you will have made your point.

And I do raid heroic, I also do M+ up to 15s, which can be the same ilvl as base mythic gear.

Maybe some want higher as they do this solo content to get into group content yet are denied due to the lower ilvl. Normal, Heroic, etc shoudl be high enoguh but it is not because IDIOTS require higher gear then the content drops. Some of those asking for better gear/gear upgrades from “braindead content” might be those looking to get into the group content (maybe not mythic) but are being denied because people are expecting mythic gear for heroic content.

Excuse me while I laugh, multi-player does not have to mean group content. I have put forth the idea of solo instances or at least, like visons, can be done solo or in a group. All in all, I think the balance should be 55% group, 45% solo content wise (not counting leveling up ) . The way you, and others, often come across is it should be 0% solo, 100% group.

But I also said that the biggest majority are those that do solo content in addition to group content. True solo players may be a minority but adding more solo content, which can be done by everyone, is seldom a bad thing. You come across as being so focused on denying the minority one thing that you are blind to what it would provide to the largest MAJORITY.

3 Likes

:popcorn: This thread sure has taken a turn :popcorn: :popcorn: :nerd_face:

Perfect!

That always hit me like a truck, from a bussiness side it does not make any sense AT ALL.
WoW need casual and solo players, many who still play this game are here for the franchise and many, like me, were raiders back in the days but now are just casuals, our numbers just keep growing by the years (the long time fans).

5 Likes

I would prefer that too then pugging 15s. Especially on alts. It’s just so long of a wait time. At least with stuff like torgast you don’t need to wait to fill a group. Which honestly a reason I find not wanting to do group content and focus on solo gamemodes.

The great vault would be nice for all sorts of playstyles imo. I really wish blizzard would consider a solo avenue for it. Because I honestly dislike using the premade dungeon finder to do some dungeons.

It is nice though to use that mythic gear for solo play such as doing 16s on alts. I just wish that such power levels were obtainable without group content like in previous expansions. The 272 gear from at least doing 12s a week is really nice. I don’t see why they couldn’t allow something similar for solo gameplay like they do in mythics. Valor would be nice for solo gameplay too tying rating to torgast completion.

1 Like

From a business side, the game made the most money in wrath, when it actually was raid or bust for high ilvl gear. you could get a single piece of normal ilvl gear every 30 weeks without raiding.

WQs aren’t interesting as a main feature, but they’re all right supplemental features. Meaningful rep grinds used to be the open world content. Aside from the Avowed, which still forces you into a dungeon, we really haven’t had anything like it. I guess ZM kinda had something, but the rewards were all wrong.

I hope with the professions revamp that reps become more meaningful. I hope we get more ways to earn it. I hope professions really do feel good in Dragonflight.

The Cypher system was okay, but it wasn’t really easy to understand without looking outside the game itself.

I’d like to feel some progress without having to always group for it, and it feels like we’re getting some attention there.

2 Likes

People wanting higher than normal raid gear from solo content do as well.

I know how it worked my guy. I did it. I just didn’t need to do 5 masks because I was in a mythic guild and only did visions for cape levels.

And your point?

Because people are trying to get into groups they shouldn’t be in.

When people are doing a speed clear they aren’t looking to take undergeared people. The run is supposed to be fast.

If you want to get into group content join a guild.

I don’t care if you laugh. Visions were one patch of one expansion. Clearly you’re the one that can’t seem to understand this games focus is group content.

They still aren’t solo players. I can’t understand what’s making you unable to understand that.

No they don’t. High end players are the ones bringing the cash in.

At best casuals are buying boosts which wouldn’t happen without the high end players.

Its funny my son and I were talking about some of our time in P99 today. He mentioned how one weekend we just got into a camp and sat there killing the same mobs over and over for faction with Freeport (we were both ogres). 12 hours per day

We swapped weapons out and just skilled up while the faction was going up. it was a progression for me

2 Likes

Wrong. It was more like 2 or 3 weeks per piece. I was there, i did it.

AHHH HAHAHAH you 2%ers do not even keep the lights on on one floor of blizzs HQ.

5 Likes

But
was it easy?

The point they’re trying to make there is that solo content can be challenging. Or in other words, you don’t have to be in a raid nor a raid group for coordination or adaptability to be a part of the challenge for content, which is something you claimed was part of the challenge for group content. How can those things be exclusive to group content when they hinge on individual player ability? If anything those aspects are somewhat diminished in groups at times, because individual player mistakes can sometimes be covered by someone else picking up the slack. In a solo environment, all responsibility falls to that solo player.

Now, I’m not trying to imply that solo content is somehow harder than group content in case you try to argue that, I’m just pointing out that the same stuff that applies to ‘challenge’ for group content can also largely apply to solo content to varying degrees, aside from actually having to form a group. And, again, I don’t think the (more reasonable) folks are trying to ask for the same gear level as is available from high-tier group content, or at the very least to not have it as accessible (usually time is the resource here). But to say that the game has no room for expansion in regards to solo content out of an underlying fear that it might end up as rewarding as group content (when in all likelihood it wouldn’t be) is a bit too dismissive IMO.

2 Likes

I get that they are not solo players. but here is the thing, the majority is also not group players either, the majority are players that do solo AND group content. To put it bluntly, do only solo players do solo content?

I am not arguing for more solo or group content, in fact I think the best content would be that which can be done either way. I am arguing for more content over all.

A focus on group content could just mean the majority of content is group, even if it is 50.9% to 49.1% in favor of the group.

The focus should be on group content, but a focus does not mean only worthwhile content. What I am not getting is this attitude of “the focus is group content, that means no solo content period”.

Eh, the way he defends not doing the 5 mask runs, I wonder if he is one that only shines when with a group, where as there are some that only really shine when solo and those that can shine in both situations.

Hell, in mask runs, sometimes the group was a detriment, especially with the Hotfoot madness. The visions were the epitome of need to move fast yet need to make calculated moves/risks and it was not uncommon for someone to get the "gogogo"s and wipe the group, ending the vision.

If more solo content is added, I’d do that in between dungeons and raids, if more group content is added, I’d either try to get the guild involved or pug it. Why should only one form of content be added when the bulk of those that play the game run the gamut and do, if not all content, a lions share of it?

Yes.

They could. There isn’t enough player base to make the dev time worth it. Also being forced to do solo content isn’t something I want introduced into the game.

Actually you do.

Have you ever raider at a mythic level? What do you think a raid leader does?

You clearly haven’t raided at a mythic level.

In heroic and below sure. Mythic level not so much.

I buy a token every 2-3 weeks for raiding pots/consumables.

My sub hasnt lapsed since shadowlands started.

I sell heroic carries that casual players buy tokens for that wouldn’t happen without the higher end players.

Stay delusional.

:rofl:Noticed that to eh? Tiresome maybe, but entertaining lol. It’s fun watching people get all bent out of shape over pixels, or how others get those pixels. How dare you get that mythic pixel from a quest champion lol. Or heroic necklace hero :nerd_face: :popcorn: Edit. We are in Shadowfail, so it’s Maw walker lol. Pretty sure we will be called dragonkin in Dragonfail lol.

Right, the LFD emblems were 2 per day, not week. Items cost between 30 and 95 depending on slot, with most slots costing 60. so 14 per week, 60 per item, arrives at 1 item every 5 weeks.

Idols, librams, sigils, throwing weapons and totems cost 30, head/chest cost 95, capes cost 50, and everything else was 60.

1 Like

Man Siersha taking An L with every post.

5 weeks of solo/queue content play now will probably result in you being ~255 ilvl with 4set. 5 weeks of solo/queue content in 3.3.5 would probably result in you being about 234, with no set bonus.

You post here continuously about gatekeeping content and keeping content hard.

You wouldn’t be able to sell carries if content was more accessible.

Snozh -“I sell heroic carries”

Your motivation is purely selfish.

4 Likes