End the war on solo gameplay in WoW

Group finder is solo content.

Solo players don’t join dungeon groups hence why they are called solo players.

Anything that is qued content isn’t group content nor does it make someone a non solo player.

MMO simply refers to there being multiple players online playing the same game at the same time. There is no definition demanding you play WITH other people. I love seeing tons of people in the world, but more often than not I don’t feel like dealing directly with people and interacting or forming a group. It’s awesome seeing a lively zone full of people having fun…some grouped, some not. Also, who cares how I prefer to play?

3 Likes

Nobody ever said they wanted gear for logging in. Many of us have offered ideas and compromises. The more you say this, the further you drive home the point just how clueless you are.

Your memory must be awful.

Keep backpedaling on your logic. It’s actually quite funny.

And just for your reference, here are a multitude of definitions of “casual” thrown around on the internet:

“Individuals who play video games, but do not spend a significant part of their time playing or learning about games.” https://www.igi-global.com/dictionary/casual-player/55716#:~:text=1.,playing%20or%20learning%20about%20games.

“A person who plays games but aren’t competitive. Usually they are just there to be social and have fun but if they end up losing in the game they wouldn’t mind.” https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Casual%20Gamer

Here’s a definition of casual gamer straight from the WoWWiki:

"Casual is generally a term for MMORPG players who play occasionally (less than 20 hours a week) and like rulesets that make the game easier and more fun. Often used in contrast to the term hardcore.

They usually are the kind of people who are busy in real life, not heavily into gaming, or share an account with one or more people."

“Casual gaming is a type of video game or gameplay targeted at a large, varied audience that does not want to devote a great deal of time to the game. Games intended for casual gaming are usually fairly simple, and do not require the player to learn many new skills, or a complicated set of rules. This is in comparison to a more devoted gamer, sometimes referred to as a professional or “hardcore” gamer, who may devote hours every day to advancing in a particular video game and learning new skills.” https://www.easytechjunkie.com/what-is-casual-gaming.htm

None of these say you have to meet a certain number of prerequisites to be considered as such.

You are not stating facts. You are stating your interpretation of casual, and that’s fine.

But they are not facts and don’t discredit anything anyone has said in context to solo players being casual players, too.

4 Likes

Solo content in its current form is just a hair above logging i.

The more you keep thinking you deserve heroic ilvl gear for doing some basic world quests shows how entitled you are.

It’s not actually.

I haven’t backpedaled on anything. Your first link even states it’s a metric of time.

Just because you’re bad at the game and can’t find success in a limited timeframe doesn’t mean everyone is.

1 Like

Does it state anywhere that casuals play all forms of content or at least have to engage with all forms of content (I.E. raids, M+, pvp, etc.) in order to be considered casual?

2 Likes

I still don’t buy that casual is generally understood to mean time-intensive, even within a gaming context. When someone calls someone else a “filthy casul” on a gaming forum, it certainly isn’t meant to imply that the object of the appellate only plays a few hours per week. I only very rarely see the word used in a time-invested sense very rarely on these forums in particular.

Merriam-Webster defines the adjective, thus:

True, words come to mean different things in different contexts (no, words aren’t fixed things and do change meanings over time,) but seldom do they come to mean something entirely different from their traditional meanings as they are brought into new context.

While the “irregular” and “accidental” meanings do imply some limits on time, it is doubtful if a raider could clear even heroic on an irregular accidental schedule. The commitment to a fixed schedule would largely preclude identifying the activity as casual in the traditional senses of the word. M+, if pugging, more likely.

4 Likes

I never claimed it was a requirement, I clearly stated that casual players take part in some or all of the content in the game and dont exclude themselves.

If someone only plays 3 hours a week and does keys at a level 20 then they are a casual player because they only play 3 hours a week.

In the context of gaming casual is based on time spent playing the game.

Where does it state in the definitions I’ve provided exactly what you’ve said?

You’re really nitpicking. No where in the second quote do I say casual requires taking part in all the content.

Either way your argument has been refuted and you must be super desperate to nitpick a sentence this hard.

Okay, so then solo players can be casual players then.

Good talk.

3 Likes

Nope. Solo players can play the game casually but they aren’t casual players.

Nope. You said it yourself.

If there is no prerequisite to someone being casual besides time played, then solo players can be casual players provided they fall within the established definitions I’ve provided for you above.

You want to talk definitions. I gave you definitions. You’re the only one here who hasn’t provided one.

The fact you can’t tell the difference between a casual player and playing the game casually speaks volumes.

Amazing post! You echo many of my thoughts! Let’s hope Microsoft and WoW developers listen.

1 Like

Explain it to me, then. Provide me definitions of the two and break down why they aren’t the same.

Not worth the time.

You can lead a horse to water but you can’t make them drink.

I was trying to give you the benefit of doubt but it’s clear now you’re trapped in a delusion and it won’t do any good to try and simplify it for you to understand it.

You’ve spent the better part of four days arguing with people, denigrating their intelligence, and suddenly it’s not worth the time to explain to me why they’re different?

Just say your argument fell apart and that you don’t have any evidence that supports your claims.

2 Likes

Yes at work killing time. However it’s the weekend and now that my wife has finished grocery shopping I’m taking my kid to the park.

Taking my kid to the park > explaining basic word definitions to someone who won’t get it.

Have a good day!

I don’t need an explanation. I need evidence that backs up your claims. You keep talking definitions, and still you’ve yet to provide anything other than your own perspectives.

What makes them different?

If you can’t provide those for me, then I’ll safely assume that you don’t have an argument to stand on, and are conveniently removing yourself from the conversation to avoid confronting your failed attempt at acting intellectually superior to everyone else here.