End of SoM? Can toons move to TBC?

This would be the best situation I can imagine. In fact, it’d be amazing.

I understand the attraction of seasons, but I want continuity for my toons. I love everything about SoM at this point–except not know the end plans. That’d go a long way toward encouraging me to play there.

1 Like

+1 for moving to tbc OR wrath after the season ends. Depending on which expac is up and going at the time idk.

I can’t do perma phase 6 classic forever and those era realms were honestly a dumb idea. The appeal is progression, whatever that means to you personally.

You’ll prolly have to pay to move to TBC like you do now lmao.

2 Likes

I’d be willing to do that.

Looks like it wouldn’t be too hard for them to provide some clarity.

I’m willing to jump in to SoM with both feet. But only if I can go to TBC after!

It was pretty clear when they announced it that they were just going to end the toons when the season ends and start a new season.

They said the following:

3 Likes

no they literally said you will be able to move those toons to era servers…so moving to TBCC isn’t a strech

As has been stated, currently their plan is to allow free transfers to Classic Era realms.

If I were to speculate, SoM might be partially designed to funnel more 60’s and players in general to Classic Era; trying to “hook” people on Classic Era to boost the populations. Allowing transfers to TBC Classic would run counter to that. But again, this is just my speculation.

I don’t know the actual math, but isn’t leveling already faster on TBC? It seems like if you want to play TBC, you could just roll on a TBC server.

I don’t necessarily have a strong opinion one way or the other…but yeah, so far it sounds like SoM is Classic Era only.

imagine wanting to play TBC again. :face_vomiting:

I think the only logical thing for them to do, and what I think would work best would be to allow SoM characters to default to Era Realms, and then make the same cloning service available for these characters to TBC. This would essentially boost the population of both Era and TBC by allowing players to do whatever they wanted.

But Blizz had repeatedly dropped the ball so far regarding everything Classic, so I actually have very little hope for this being the case.

1 Like

they need to progression season of mastery from vanilla thru tbc to the end of wotlk (a year for each one), THEN REBOOT. that would be season 1. that covers the classic era, nice and tidy.

2 Likes

They literally said you won’t be moving to TBCC. You’ll have a timeframe to transfer to a Classic Era server, after which point the SoM servers will be wiped.

Now, that could change of course. But for now that’s the future of our SoM toons.

uhh…thanks for reiterating…i guess?

Well, it’s just amusing when Blizz says it’s not happening, some people still say, ‘But it might!!’

They said no. Accept it. I think if they were even considering the possibility, they would have said so. But they explicitly stated that you’ll only be transferring to Classic Era.

This is not the case with Diablo 3, at least, where seasonal characters may available for non-seasonal play.

move them to a dead TBC server? like classic?

Remember when they said that about classic servers? Well look at us now.

TBC sucks.

This should give era realms a serious boost, where Grob can come alive again. Most players on SOM wont even be able to get into Naxx, so it will be nice to finish out.

I hope they just delete it all. You wanted “seasonal” realms. That’s what you should get. If you wanted to play crusade, you should have selected crusade on the client.

This is a ladder season, if you can’t grasp that concept don’t play. People have been playing private servers for over 12 years, and they would all play a fresh server for 6 months than play the next fresh.

It’s mmo version of an arpg ladder reset like D2/D3/POE. it’s not waste of time if its for fun, go play retail if you want to keep your chars forever progressing for w/e crappy expansion they release next.

by the time SOM ends, most likely have WOTLK out and TBC would moving on to WOTLK.

Stick with TBC if you want to keep your chars…