End of Season 3s Session

So me and the boys were running some 3s on the last day of the season last night, bouncing between 2100 and 2150.

It was a great time, but we noticed something interesting.

We probably played 20 games, and I would check-pvp between queues, and there was only a single person I checked that wasn’t a 7-15x glad or previous r1.

Everyone was a former (DF and SL) multi glad, and we faced jellybeans and such too. Interesting, as this was all at 2150-2250 mmr, so what gives hahaha.

Was fun to play against skilled players, and we’re waiting for a properly inflated season to hopefully get our mounts :slight_smile: (none of us have been glad yet).

Anyways, just thought I would share :smiley:

5 Likes

This season was very hard for me. i was able to push 2100 on my lock before they nerfed it but it seemed like 1800 ish was just so sweaty

How many of them lacked df season three gladiator

2 Likes

Very few. Handful of elite titles, one current glad on that toon, but very few had s3 glad.

An interesting stat via DataforAzeroth is that, in terms of accounts, S1 Glad was earned by 0.15%, S2 was earned by 0.16%, and S3 Glad was earned by 0.075%, so approximately half, which makes it make sense why the 2200 3s ladder is full of almost exclusively former Glads.

Further interesting data is that 1.1% of players that achieved combatant I achieved Glad this season, and 1% of players that achieved combatant I during season 1 achieved Glad, so approximately the same, although in Season 2, it was 2% of those that achieved combatant I achieved Glad.

dataforazeroth .com/collections/achievements

3 Likes

Interesting, thank you

1 Like

I found all brackets to be significantly harder in the last 2 weeks of season.

I think all these 15x glads and r1 players didn’t play the game, and came back to grind it out at the end, making it harder to push over 2k rating.

The game suffers when it’s not fun to play.

1 Like

I didn’t check pvp anyone when we were trying for the 2200 achievement, but I’m convinced we got gatekept by r1s and nobody can convince me otherwise

4 Likes

Dataforazeroth is also kind of slow to update, so verdant numbers will climb a bet for a few weeks.

It’s sad to say but yes the majority of people left playing 3v3 are all higher xp playing lots of characters. They need to find a way to get more people back into arena. Even for Glads its not good as a glad farming wins at 2400 cr the last thing you want is to face Rank 1s and tournament players at 2400 which happened a lot to me this season.

1 Like

Many people here say you should be happy to get slaughtered by rank1 and tournament players. It’s a privilege

Sometimes you queue into worse players and just win

Other times you queue into better players and just lose

Most games are somewhere in between, though

1 Like

It is truly a privilege to help make the boosts an easier time. Think about it, if charged by the hour you’re helping a fellow champion of Azeroth save money.

There were a decent amount of verdant glad mounts coming out when we were above 2200 mmr.

I ran into you a couple times I think too.

We were sending some funsie assa/mm with the bois. Sometimes I wonder how many are just playing for fun on ladder and how many are REALLY trying to push.

1 Like

I tried to get glad with my wife it was just impossible. Couldn’t get to 2.4 let alone get the wins. Every other team had multi glad XP. Game needs serious inflation to make glad attainable for first time grinders. She’s gotten way better during the season and got 2.4 (but few wins) last ssn so was hopeful

2 Likes

Given the number of times I’ve been insta booted from an lfg group where one of the players is sporting a current/recent glad mount after a loss, I’d say very few of them are “playing for fun”.

It’s one thing to not be pushing, but they aren’t there to lose with somebody they don’t think is any good either. I genuinely wonder what they’re so stressed out about when that happens too… like you already got the mount bro, can’t even be bothered to say “hey I’ll press x first, trust next time” before you bail? rofl

3 Likes

Sometimes you queue into worse players but they have cyclone and so they win anyway >:(

Yeah I hate having to pay a handyman just because he happens to own a hammer

You’re gonna need to explain how these 2 relate to me because I’m lost brother

Hahaha, I don’t see you in any of my clips, so you must have beat us or it not been clean wins. We were lightheartedly pushing 2200, but only had two hours where we were all on.

The sub rogue and I got 2200 in 2s this season, which was an accomplishment we are happy with, and we have a 3s team now to play with for all of S4 (and TWW S1, which may be our best shot at glad) :slight_smile: