Empowering penance

Preface by saying this is in relation to mythic keystones.

With the launch of a two legendary system I was looking into options for my second piece. I’m currently running sphears harmony. Twins of the sun priestess and clarity of mind are both recommended options. Clarity won’t help much since I don’t have mana issues so I was going to go with the sun priestess. I got to thinking though, what about the patient one?

60% chance on radiance to empower penance to have 3 extra bolts seems a little meh on its own, but of you also take contrition talent (a fourth bolt), as well as the conduit that increases the first bolt of penance by 50%, and a power of the Dark side proc, it seems like it might be pretty decent. I imagine seeing big damage come out, pop a radiance and then hit someone with a 7 bolt penance (the first hitting 50% more) at 50% increased effectiveness. It would bring a tank to full or completely erase necrotic.

I’ve been looking closely at my logs and I generally am using penance 2/3 for offense and 1/3 for defense, but I’ve only done keys up to 19. I know automaticjak and a few other top priests tend to use penance defensively a lot more.

I guess what I’m asking is do you think going all in on penance like this is a better choice than the sun priestess? Keep in mind is is speaking only about mythic+ and when we get a second legendary.