Eminem? Who’s a fan?

Who’s a fan? I’m obsessed with him. Have his E signature on my wrist. First tattoo as well.

Been listening him to sense I was about 10 years old. now about 27.

He’s the one that helped me realize who can actually rap vs mumble and so on.

You gotta know where you come from to be a good rapper I think and he has definitely showed and proved us that.

idk dudes a " superman " imo… :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Did we just become best friends? Right on man! Ain’t that the truth. I really can’t stand that mumble crap! There is a song or two once in a while that has a good beat to it but yea it’s crap! Haha he really is!

I liked his first big album, then he released his other stuff and I realised he’s never going to stop complaining about his mother and ex wife.

Kinda lost interest in him about then.

1 Like

Yeah, I like him. Not one of my all-time favorites, tho.

I grew up listening to stuff like 2 Live Crew, Geto Boys and NWA, so the “shock” factor of his raps are lost on me. I heard most of it before, BTDT.

I like the fact that he took an authentic route into hip-hop, rather than become another cheezy embarrassment like Vanilla Ice or Snow. No disrespect to those guys’ hits, it’s just … their “personas” that lacked. Eminem showed a strong hip-hop career could be had regardless of race.

His hits are dope, and his rap is strong, but sometimes I wonder if his biggest hits would have been the same without the amazing hooks he sampled from other artists. I’m the biggest supporter of sampling culture, but credit (fame) should be given where its due.

(My Name Is)

(Stan)

Dido enjoyed a moderate amount of success off the back of ‘Stan’ which is pretty cool. Not sure if people even know who Labi Siffre is, though, which is a shame. His music is sampled by tons of hip-hop artists, from Wu-Tang to Jay-Z, Kanye, and probably dozens more I don’t know off the top of my head.

In any case, yeah, I listen to Eminem’s stuff. I like it. :smiley:

1 Like

Never knew that in the my name is. Learn something new every day. Oh right on man! I do remember this song of Dido though.

1 Like

i used to be.
Back in the 90’s early 2000’s.

He sold out to left wing bias inorder to stay relevant, and i really dislike him now as a result.
Ronnie Radke is my jam currently.(Falling in Reverse)

3 Likes

Oh right on. I’ll agree to disagree on that.

I’m not obsessed, but I do think a lot of his music is low key super smart.

His dismantling of people who unnecessarily try to start trouble with him IRL is also massively entertaining.

1 Like

Well technically his later music he forgave his mom and realized his ex and him weren’t bad people just bad together.

I’ve been a fan since he stepped onto the scene.

1 Like

Don’t know, I got sick of him long ago and stopped listening.
Went back to listening to actual music.

Lol, there really no such thing as real music. We all enjoy what we enjoy. Some people like rap some people like heavy metal.

There is, and it’s defined via sound waves. Rap and a lot of pop has degraded so much that it doesn’t use even close to the same structures which defines music. Not only that, most times there are no actual instruments, melodies, or cross overs that even basic music incorporates, even vocals are a thing of the past. You can either talk fast, or you can sing then run it through a machine to set your pitch.

There was a great article a year or so back on it. Essentially it’s now defined as noise. Not saying there no tracks I like, but there is a difference between talent and technology.

I agree there is a lot of bad out there. I’m just saying Eminem isn’t. Yes I miss his old stuff but he’s still :fire: . Just because you don’t like him doesn’t mean he’s not good. All I’m saying.

Who?

Ten chars.

2 Likes

Yikes at this r/iamverysmart response.

1 Like

Right! Just because she doesn’t like rap she thinks it’s bad lol!

1 Like

That’s right! Because I said I hate it!

Yay for reading comprehension!

:crazy_face:

I read the whole thing. What I said about it was correct.

1 Like