Emerald dream needs their own phase

Same with me on this guy.

Can’t get rid of it but certainly blizzard can adjust it to exclude ED.

1 Like

Blizzard and their choices towards RP servers is sad. I wish they would put all the small RP servers together with us all the time and stop sharding or separate ED from the other servers and put all the small RP servers together as one. ED can stand on our own without the small RP servers.
Personally, I hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate sharding/CRZ.

The first day we had WPVP in the new area and it was 90% ED alliance vs ED horde was a blast. I want more guild rivalry. We can not have that in the new areas and this is sad for those who miss fighting rival guilds without having to group up to try and figure out which shard they are in. Ugh.

1 Like

Let me help you

Perfection :100:

2 Likes

Replace sad with bad.

1 Like

The sharding is frankly bizare. I had a weird moment when I got stuck with a bounty. A human warrior jumped me and I just about had him to dead to rights when he shimmered out of existence and something like 7 Alliance replaced him.

Apparently this isn’t an uncommon experience either.

1 Like

From what I’ve seen, ED has been a magnet for new/returning pvp’ers in the past, don’t know about the present but if Blizzard can get free advertising they will take it. ED has been advertisement, especially with the sharding because of the RP guilds. pvp’ers are obsessed with RP’ers so Blizzard uses the population of ED at our expense.

This wouldn’t be a problem if it was at the total expense of the community. But even filthy wayward casuals tend to come back, if only temporarily; for but a glimps of ED.

2 Likes

Honestly don’t mind the WPvP scene too much, and I’ve been killed dozens of times. Just wish more players remembered that others are trying to enjoy the game too, instead of ganking carelessly because “Brawr War Mode, Rarrr!”

Winning with dignity, even evilly so feels so much better.

That actually made me laugh, kudos. :3

1 Like

Today I was watching a video on the new technology they are using for classic and it looks promising. I am hoping it is something they will bring to the live servers; especially for the RP servers.
The new technology is called layering. We will get sharded when there is a high population; however, you stay within that layer throughout your movement from one zone to the next. The only time it changes is when you group up with others. These layers seem to hold up to 3000 characters at a time. So if they took Emerald Dream and the other prior RP-PVP servers and placed them together we would see them from zone to zone. This also might change the way we see those who have bounty as well. It seems a bit more promising then sharding every single time you cross a zone or take a boat or zep to some other place.

3 Likes

You think the people on ED want to group with off world people. Hardly.

1 Like

The problem of ED sharding into/with smaller RP realms isn’t a meaningful issue that is negatively affecting gameplay, consistently, for a relevant number of players.

Even less so, ganking.

This is an echo chamber. Atleast try and articulate or outline a problem instead of this never ending reel of vague complaints and exaggerated claims.

That said, Emerald Dream I think is big enough that we should have our own shard. Just keep each the big 3 (MG, WrA, ED) self-contained.

Might promote a greater focus on faction balance too! Which always motivates our great WPVP guilds to show out (often, promoting rp in tandem. its uniquely ED and rad af.)

So yeah. I concur with sharding but ya’ll some whining wallaces and complaining carolines.

EDIT: Ravenholdt alt cuz first time posting and shy. HI ED FORUMS.
EDIT: Not Ravenholdt. The other one it’s connected to.

1 Like

stares blankly

2 Likes

dies in level 10

1 Like

Really wish Blizzard would take a step back from finding ways to overload some people’s computers and make a way to bring more life into the world Chris Metzen made. Like more ships and Zeppelins; even our own summonable sailboat mounts like in thousand needles except world wide.

Your name looks familiar… Too familiar

Unfortunately it is very similar to the fire tortoise in hyjal: Terrorpene; the name’s similar but not deliberate…

Wait, allot of if not most of my guild went horde. Our gm left a message he’s taking over elves of the north. Last time I tried rolling blood elf i deleted him after half a hour playing. When i want to be horde, i got an Orc Hunter for that.