ElvUI General Chat

Forgive my ignorance. Is there something wrong with the General chat, in the fact that nobody talks in there? Or is is just there’s nobody talking?

Cheers and HAPPY FRIDAY!!

1 Like

Have you enabled your channels in chat settings (e.g. Trade, LocalDefense & LookingForGroup)?

1 Like

I installed Elvui UI and I also found that I lost the General, Trade, and LocalDefense chat traffic. I can still chat when I am in a dungeon group. I tried everything - checked that I have joined the channels, /resetchat, reinstalled Elvui UI cvar and chat, created Cache/ Interface/WTF-Old folders, reinstalled the game multiple times, deleted absolutely all addons, tried /console cvar_default, and etc… I note that the missing chat problem only affects all my toons on the same realm. I logged onto my old toons on a different realm and the chat traffic is there.

After this week’s server maintenance reset, I logged on just to see if anything has changed. Well, I was surprised to see the chat traffic has resumed for all my affected toons. I reinstalled Elvui UI and the chat traffic on all my toons on that realm went missing again. No matter how many times I reinstall the game/Elvui UI/deleted folders in my PC and etc… I cannot get back the chat traffic again. Wondering if the chat traffic will resume back to normal after next week’s server maintenance reset? Can anyone tell me if there is anything I need to reset in order to get my General/Trade/ LocalDefense chat traffic working again? Thank you.

Hi. did you ever get a response to your question? I am experiencing the same problem after installing Elvui UI.

In the future, when you’re going through the ElvUI setup skip the CVar portion.

As for your chat channels, you should be able to right click on the general tab > settings, and re-enable them.