ElvUI Enemy Pet nameplate help!

I know in the standard blizzard interface>names option I can uncheck the “minor enemy minions” but when I do so, after playing for a little bit they turn back on. I go back to the interface panel and now the “minor enemy minions” box is checked again. Anyone know why this is? I checked ElvUI nameplates options and there’s nothing I can see about pet name plates so I’m running out of ideas. I just want to eliminate the pet nameplates and keep them off. I’m tired of seeing a mages’ clones, or a DKs 6 minions, and hunters countless pets, and shamans totems, etc etc.

It’s not something the default UI would change unless you specifically clicked the checkbox(es).

You could search your addons for

EnemyMinus
EnemyMinions
BlizzardOptionsPanel_RegisterControl

Which should show if an addon is modifying the setting(s) via a change to the CVars, set a click on the check box(es) or calling the update function.

You might also run the search on the WTF folder in case an addon has set a SavedVariable with the information.

Full CVar names: nameplateShowEnemyMinus, nameplateShowEnemyMinions

Per the TukUI Discord:

For anyone with CVar problems (nameplate opacity, pet/totem nameplates, etc), this is a bug from Blizzard variables - current fix in topic linked!
Show pet/totem nameplates by running these lines in chat:
/run SetCVar("nameplateShowEnemyPets", 1)
/run SetCVar("nameplateShowFriendlyPets", 1)
/run SetCVar("nameplateShowEnemyTotems", 1)
/run SetCVar("nameplateShowFriendlyTotems", 1)

However this will be reset every time you log in/reload, so either make a macro for these lines, or download an addon that does this on login: https://www.tukui.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5401 (Just replace the lines in the lua file of the addon with these above without /run or whichever variable you want to adjust)

So sounds like yours are stuck in reverse.

Ok so im really bad with this kind of stuff, so in english (explain to me like I’m 5) what would i have to do to make it work for me?

Paste this into chat, hit enter.

/run SetCVar("nameplateShowEnemyPets", 0) SetCVar("nameplateShowFriendlyPets", 0) SetCVar("nameplateShowEnemyTotems", 0) SetCVar("nameplateShowFriendlyTotems", 0)
1 Like

Although I’m not sure the TukUI fix would work if they “turn back on” “after playing for a little bit” unless this was actually due to the reset on login going unnoticed.

It also won’t account for nameplateShowEnemyMinus and nameplateShowEnemyMinions (which are associated with the enemy Minions/Minor check boxes) if they are also automatically reset.

1 Like

Did not work. :confused:

If you can confirm the settings are reverting after logging on and without any addons you should post it as a bug:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/c/support/bug-report

ElvUI recently (8.1.5 I think) added a great deal of customization to how nameplates are displayed including a new nameplate filter.

I suspect that something that was once defaulted OFF has been defaulted ON.

I’m going to jump into the game and see if I can’t sort this out, but my suspicion is that there is a place in the Config menu that will handle this.

I think I have a fix, but I need to test it. I’m looking for a good place to find all the things you want removed right now.

How did it go?

I talked with Azirolka about adding some unit types including a dynamic unit type to the filter.

His PC is down for about 2 weeks - gpu card failure and no backup - he’s got to wait out getting a warranty replacement.

But he did understand what I was looking for and seemed interested in providing it.

Essentially, what is needed is to be able to remove things by one large category and then add them BACK explicity based on far more restrictive criteria.

They’ve got a “HIDE” in the Actions section of the filters, but no explicit show.

So while I could HIDE all nameplates, I can’t then add back ONLY Party1, Party2, Party3, etc (which is the approach I was trying to take) because there is no explicit “SHOW” action.

The first response I got was “I didn’t add it because it’s the default” but when i explained the set math options available, he seemed to understand.

I’d wait it out and see what he comes up with.

I’ve run into this same issue.
I outlined it as a persistent bug